PDA

View Full Version : "Bomb Cyclone" Grayson

n2ize
01-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Howdy. I just came inside from the Bomb Cyclone named Grayson. When I left home at about 5:30 AM Grayson was just getting underway. By around 8am Grayson was hitting full blast with heavy snow, white out conditions, near zero visibility and heavy winds. Actually it wasn't all that bad, I was dressed plenty warm, travel was slow but quite manageable, I easily made my destination and got back home in reasonable time and even got some pictures and video footage of the bomb cyclone named Grayson. It's still snowing extremely heavy right now and with high winds. Snow expected to continue till sometime this evening at which time Grayson is supposed to usher in some heavy winds and single digit and below zero temps for the next couple of days. Tomorrow is forecast to be a carbon copy of today minus the snow and much much colder.

So, did anyone else have to deal with bomb cyclone Grayson today ?

w2amr
01-04-2018, 11:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU

WZ7U
01-04-2018, 02:18 PM
:rotflol::rotflol::rotflol:

No shit :slap::rotflol:

N8YX
01-04-2018, 03:09 PM
'77-'78 saw those conditions around the NEOH area.

No school for a week.

My cousin and I grabbed snow shovels and headed out to all the houses on his paper route, offering to clear driveways and walks. We made around $200 each that week.

Have fun getting today's kids to do it.

N1LAF
01-04-2018, 05:06 PM
About a foot of snow here (SE CT), some snow drifts, had enough wind to clean all the snow off the roofs on my street.

AA1OH
01-04-2018, 06:04 PM
Well here it is time to sit back, drink my bourbon (neat) and watch the snow plows go by......

w2amr
01-04-2018, 06:58 PM
We got about 4". Could have been a bunch worse.

WA4GSD
01-05-2018, 07:51 AM
It's cold... but we got a 'dusting' which I think is worse than several inches... roads in past 'dusting' have had more wrecks.
Stayed inside, worked from home.. let the dogs out occasionally.
Just another day in NoVA.

PA5COR
01-05-2018, 09:32 AM
6 C now afternoon, +3 C night, next days a bit colder +3 day -3 night, but after Tuesday temps back up, no snow.. you guy's keep it all there...;)

n2ize
01-05-2018, 02:21 PM
We got about 4". Could have been a bunch worse.
We ended up with about 4-6 inches. Hard to tell with all the drifts, some areas there is bare ground and a few feet away a foot or more. I'[d say on average anywhere from 4-6 inches.

Travel today was worst than yesterday. Yesterday s snow and this mornings bitter cold messed up the local rail system. That and some roads still not fully plowed made travel rough regardless of the mode of transportation.