PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Greetings and Other Stuff

K7SGJ
12-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Anyone else notice there isn't near the activity here that there was last year or even earlier this year?

I know that I, for one, don't get here as much as I have in the past, and I haven't posted on any other site in several years. This is the only ham related site that I feel comfortable using, and have made many friends on here as well.

I know Adam is freezing his ass off in Maine, and he and Devie are very busy trying to get situated in making a new life for themselves. My wife and I really enjoyed having lunch with them. They went way out of their way to make a special trip to meet with us. I'm sure that Bob, who I also had the pleasure (?) of meeting, is very busy in his new job, traveling all over hells half acre, and trying to make more money than the Koch brothers. And Gerry (Nanook of the north) well, he's just Gerry. My guess is that he is spending a lot of time trying to find Maxwell. Probably trying to have him for Christmas dinner. (Do they even celebrate Christmas way the fuck up there? And here's to all the others that have come and gone. I also miss the interaction with many of you that are still here, and I hope to spend a bit more time here in the future.

Although I'm not terribly active in the political boards, I do miss jerking Janet's chain. It was hard to do, but every now and then there would be an opening, and bazingo, a well placed shot over the bow. Most of all, I really miss is interacting with the Pope. I missed a chance to meet him last year, but will meet up with him when we get back to San Diego. I look forward to a trip on his yacht. He and I (along with Bob and a few others) really had a lot of fun playing off of each other, or setting ourselves up so someone else could take a well aimed (and funny) shot at each us. For me, it was a lot lighter, and more fun back then.

Obviously, I can't change anybody's mind or belief, and even if I could, I wouldn't. The one thing that has always worked around here, is taking a cool down break after a very heated discussion. Once composed, everyone comes back, and things are just like they have always been. There has always been a high amount of jocularity and camaraderie on here, some very heated discussions and hurt feelings, but everyone always came back, picked up the pieces, and moved along to the next pun-fest, cheap shot, cartoon, joke, or whatever. I miss all of that, a lot.

It is my hope for the new year ahead of us is that we can get all of the family back together, and have fun like we have always done before. After a shitty day, I could always make it better by getting on here for awhile. I'm sure there will be more heated discussions and more hurt feelings and butt-hurt, but the frivolity, joking around, and just plain fun should be enough to overcome all the negative shit. As one man said "Can't we all just get along"? He was willing, and this he stated after having had the worst beating of his life.

This time of the year reminds me of all the SKs whose voices, posts, and wisdom we will never hear or see again. Albi W3MIV, Bob VK3ZL, and Russ W5RB. They will not be forgotten.

I hope all of you have a safe and happy holiday season.

PEACE

WZ7U
12-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Agreed. And agreed. And agreed yet again. Fucking tRump.

Love ya man, Merry Christmas. Or whatever floats yer turds in a punch bowl. Hope you get laid.

N7YA
12-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Funny thing is that the south is snowing and we have none. We are definitely scraping ice off the windows, but we are going to work in the dark, early morning hours, but still...

I have been trying to get back on here more often because this really is the only ham radio based forum i visit. I haven't been in the the Zed forums in years. Nothing there for me. So im hoping to see more action on here in the near future.

I hope you are having a happy holidays...oops! There i go, waging war on Christmas again. Fuggin' pagan scum i am. :lol: But seriously, Merry Christmas to you all. Merry everything, just smile and enjoy each others company. :)

I'm pretty easy going these days. The anger over everything has subsided and I am just happy to be where i am in life, sharing it with Dev and our fat, spoiled cats. I really cant complain. The small town things you guys warned me about is all true, however! Wow! Just an FYI, we will be making another move this fall, only not as far, this time to Portland...and closer to Boston. Thats more our speed. Belfast is a beautiful little town, but its VERY exclusive to outsiders like us, even though everyone is super friendly, we can see it in action everywhere...these sunsabitches need to get out of Waldo county more often, FFS! I talk too fast and Dev is some kind of foreigner woman (I dont think they have ever seen a Pacific Islander before). Besides, Portland has killer restaurants and a Guitar Center. :)

So yeah, I think about those we lost and appreciate those we still have. I wish you all a great holiday season, get drunk, get laid, get on the air...maybe even get up to Maine and say hi! :)

...but not Trump. He can fuck off.

KG4CGC
12-08-2017, 10:48 PM
I think we're all wore out from the constant barrage of a bizzaro POTUS. I stopped saying to myself that he couldn't possibly get worse.
You know, we read about this kind of stuff in grade school but it was always like, "that won't happen here because of the constitution and the systems of checks and balances." Yet ... here we are.
I believe it is wearing on all of us and most days I'm like, "why the fuck bother."
I also believe that we used our freedom on the Island just like it is describe in our constitution and over the years we have seen who can handle that, and who can not. There are pluses and minuses. I guess the question is, how small or large would you want our little group to be. One thing for sure, a lot of everything we have talked about over the last 11 years (10 years 10 months) ... have happened. It has been said many times, "It'll get worse before it gets better." When are things going to stop getting worse?

I used to be a member of many message boards. Facebook has mostly killed them off. Facebook it too unorganizeable to be able to keep all the information from a hobby based message board accessible. Here, I can search a board or use the search terms to find an antenna project or whatever link or information I'm looking for based on real world experience of someone here who has actually done it. On scooter and motorcycle boards I used to be able to access member's build threads and learn things step by step and read about the hints and kinks they encountered. *[Of note, many build threads went up in flames when Photobucket ended no fee 3rd party image hosting] Try doing that in a Facebook group. A lot of that is gone with slow disappearance of these communities.

I like it here on the Island. It's my favorite place. Among other things listed, age has curbed my enthusiasm. I'm not doing anything new in amateur radio. I'm really just an OTA voyeur.

PA5COR
12-09-2017, 04:58 AM
Happy Holiday season ;)

I'm done with politics, Trump, and the rest did that...
just active here, and on some European boards, and our satellite related board in the UK riling up a few brexiteers.;)
Mostly on 160, 1850 where the transceiver is rusted stuck on.

Take care of yourselves, have fun you hear?
;)

kb2crk
12-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Happy Holidays everyone.
I am not going to say Fuck Trump as you can all do what you want but I don't swing that way....
It is sad to see the SK list grow larger.
I have been absent from here for most of the year but then a random check in now and then but i am and have been trumped out and that always seemed to be a main focus everywhere.
Merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah or a festive festivus.,

N8YX
12-09-2017, 09:45 AM
I've been working quite a bit (both job and electronic stuff) but still try to get in here every day - especially when a thread piques my interest.

We don't do a lot of radio around the board these days. Thank you to the folks who still start those topics.

Paul, your RV looks nice. I actually decorated the evergreen in front of my house this year, though it's just me to enjoy it at the moment.

kb2crk
12-09-2017, 10:02 AM
I usually decorate the front of the house but the XYL said I cant go on the roof until I get used to all the damn meds. So the RV got the treatment. I wanted a cousin Eddie to put next to it but they dont make one

KC9ECI
12-09-2017, 11:36 AM
I've been slowly drifting away from ham radio. Many new changes at work with the new management team, spending the last two years working on the purchase of 3 new fire trucks and putting them in service has also taken a toll on my available time. That should change this time next year though as I pass the white helmet to the new sucker and retire from that gig. Between that and taking on guardianship of my granddaughter, camping, boating, fishing, traveling, flying my drone(s), baking bread and brewing beer, I find less and less time to play online.

N7YA
12-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Figures i made a post about it not snowing....its snowing.

KG4CGC
12-09-2017, 06:55 PM

That means it's time to get busy living.

PA5COR
12-10-2017, 05:54 AM
Snowing here as well, expecting 4 to 6 inches here today and tomorrow, time to put the new 4 season tires to the test ;)
Need croisants, so off to shopping we go.

KB3LAZ
12-10-2017, 11:31 AM
I have not been around enough to notice a slow down of sorts. I have not check into any other ham radio forums or sites at all since about 2013 or so. I stop in here from time to time though. Life has just taken me in a direction that leaves me with much less time than I had as a teenager and university student but I figure that is pretty normal. Job, wife, house, projects, animals, other hobbies etc.

As for snow, it looks like the stay puft exploded outside our house! Snow is nice, for my wife but not so much for me. She is not used to seeing snow so last year was a real treat for her. Then again she has never raised goats or chickens before. Never done her own gardening nor canning and we have been doing all of that. Fishing etc. Busy, busy, busy but that has nothing to do with snow so I must digress. Damn snow...

Sure hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and the snow, if that is your thing. Interestingly I noticed that most of the stores are already putting their holiday stuff on close out and some stores even have t-shirts and shorts out...That is optimistic thinking.

N8YX
12-10-2017, 11:57 AM
We got maybe a quarter inch in the area yesterday evening. Just enough to cover the ground and some of the roads.

Chatter on the public safety talk groups programmed into my BCD-996XT scanners was...interesting. Needless to say, I didn't go out until the evening rush was over and all the accidents had been towed away.

KC9ECI
12-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Light dusting here. Just enough to slick up the roads and help a couple accidents.

PA5COR
12-11-2017, 06:29 AM
Still freezing here, and new snow dusting starting to fall.
Traffic flowing well, we have an quite good system to keep the roads clean and gritted, though accidents do happen with idiots on summer tires still thinking their BMW or Mercedes/Audi logo protects them from slick roads.

HUGH
12-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Still freezing here, and new snow dusting starting to fall.
Traffic flowing well, we have an quite good system to keep the roads clean and gritted, though accidents do happen with idiots on summer tires still thinking their BMW or Mercedes/Audi logo protects them from slick roads.

These are the people who are not obliged to give any turn signals. It's a common phenomenon with the nouveau rich, "my car cost more than yours, I'll do what I want".

HUGH
12-11-2017, 10:32 AM

Here are some seasonal pictures for you though I don't like taking up too much server space. There's about 300mm of snow where the sun hasn't reached.
Try to forget about POTUS, he has dementia, possibly fronto-temporal, so it can only lead to serious disability and confinement to a hospice. Please look it up.

Looking at the claims that Christmas is too commercial (it has long been the traditional gift-giving festival) it occurred to me that we are doing it the wrong way round (not to be misinterpreted). Instead of starting Christmas in October, it should start on Christmas Eve and continue on for the "12 days of Christmas" as is still done on some countries. To me it's all a big build-up and then all finished by the end of Boxing Day. Somewhat depressing.
When I was young, on Christmas morning I used to walk down the road with Grandma to collect the fresh meat from the butcher who would stay open until all customer orders were taken. It wouldn't be a turkey but perhaps a large goose, some beef and lamb to last up to a week or so. Customers and jovial banter were all part of the cheery butcher's day, followed by a visit to the pub. This was the old style shop with sawdust on the floor and carcasses hanging up in the shop and the window.

AL7JK
12-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Happy holidays to all. Past few days, has warmed up into the mid 40's while
ya'll are getting snow down south. We can actually see our front lawn, snow's gone.
If this keeps up I'm gonna grab my fly rod and go fishing.
73 de AL7JK

K4PIH
12-12-2017, 10:48 AM
These are the people who are not obliged to give any turn signals. It's a common phenomenon with the nouveau rich, "my car cost more than yours, I'll do what I want".

See a lot of the same around the D.C., Northern Virginia area. They rarely use turn signals.

"hey you in the old pick up truck, I'm driving a BMW/Audi/Maserati so you need to get out of my way you peon"!

I commented to one at a traffic light "next time spring for the turn signal accessory".

Anyway, thanks for the beautiful pictures and have a great Holiday season whatever you celebrate.

NA4BH
12-12-2017, 01:10 PM

We got 12" of snow in central Alabama. It resulted in cannibalism when the milk and bread ran out.

K7SGJ
12-12-2017, 01:44 PM
We got 12" of snow in central Alabama. It resulted in cannibalism when the milk and bread ran out.

Did you eat your wife, so to speak? :bbh:

N8YX
12-12-2017, 06:25 PM
First lake effect snow of the season has the Akron to Cleveland area paralyzed.

Let's all forget how to drive in the stuff, shall we?

kb2crk
12-12-2017, 07:29 PM
I left work on Friday with 3" of snow on my car. On the 40 mile drive home it was reduced to 1" and was the only snow in my yard. No snow at the house at all.

KG4CGC
12-13-2017, 01:27 AM

Not uncommon in the South. A popular prepper book is about preparing human meat and the various uses as bait to lure in and kill predatory animals.

HUGH
12-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Snowing here as well, expecting 4 to 6 inches here today and tomorrow, time to put the new 4 season tires to the test ;)
Need croisants, so off to shopping we go.

Somewhere you told us what your new tyres/tires were, I can't find it now but a friend of mine needs to change his for winter and some brands are hard to get hold of this month. I'm OK with a set of Falken AT (also marked as M & S) but I see other 4x4s which are bigger than mine with what I call "go-faster" tyres and they get embarasingly stuck. (My friend's tyres are simply cheap).

PA5COR
12-14-2017, 08:06 AM
Vredestein Quatrac 5 are my new tires, always come up in the top of the tested 4 season tires/tyres....;)
Had my first test last week when we got 6" snow, and ice under that, performed flawlessly, good driving, good breaking and they take bumps in the road better as the old summer tires, maybe the rubber compound with silica helps there a bit.
Made in the Netherlands, made for the better high end cars available in many sizes and loads so there will be one fitting for every car/truck/4x4, for all speeds maximums, and loads.
They have the European snowflake imprinted on them so in all countries where winter tires are mandatory you can use them.

I was surprised about traction i got as well on snow and ice, and breaking ability.
Stability in corners was excellent, no more back end sliding out or not following the corner, and i drive mostly quite aggressive.

Read a review of an UK buyer living near a hill, he found it works quite well too, going uphill in snow and ice, and in summer was a almost as good summer tire he had before.
I read up a lot before choosing this one, i needed a good all round tire, and the extra safety in winter, since freezing over roads happen here every winter, snow not so much, but it does snow here every year.

Being honest, it is not a real winter tire, but it works quite nice as one, and i don't need 2 sets of tires to change with the few kilometers i drive each year, the tires would dry out before i used them up anyway, so that was not a choice.

cost was including mounting them, taking in old tires, and balancing them and tires 226 Euro's for the 175/70 R 13 inch tires, all 4 of them.
The old summer tires were 155/80 R13 a bit too small in my opinion, hence i went for the wider tires i could fit.
Remember to put in a higher tire pressure as summer tires, 2.4 Bar is needed against 2.2 Bar for the summer tires.
Look up the reviews i gave in my former post.
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Quatrac-5.htm
The Vredestein Quatrac range is one of the better known all season tyre ranges in the UK, and the Quatrac 5 builds on the excellent base of the Quatrac 3. A win in the dry handling test (but still beaten by the summer tyre) and second in dry braking and rolling resistance were the stand out results for the Vredestein, but a strong mid pack performance in the wet and snow tests resulted in a third place overall.

Thought I would try the new all season Quatrac 5 as I live 400 metres up in the valleys of Wales and drive sometimes a 1000 miles a week all over the UK. In the wet, snow and icy conditions these are unbeatable and stop the car better than any expensive top end brands on the market. About 80 per cent as good as the best summer brands in hot dry conditions and I only managed to skid the car slightly on heavy braking on dusty dry roads when driving very fast, then again what tyres won't slide slightly in these condiditions. I have done over 18'000 miles on these since January in all conditions, I just swapped the back tyres to the front and reckon I will get at least another 18 thousand out of them so great value for money too. I won't be carrying two sets of tyres for summer and winter again. They are also quiet and extremely good on rolling resistance so on a tank of fuel I gain around 40-60 miles more for my money. I won't be buying anything else again and have tried all the best makes over the years!.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2017-Auto-Bild-All-Season-Tyre-Test.htm
As you can see the Falken tires end up mostly in the worst category.
https://www.moderntyres.com/another-win-for-vredestein-quatrac-5-all-season-tyres

A happy costumer ;)

N8YX
12-14-2017, 11:41 AM
Now have around a foot of the stuff on the ground - it came in several waves. Clipper/Lake Effect/Clipper/Lake Effect over two days.

I got new meats on my car a few months ago. Cooper RS3A's. That's what was on it when I bought the thing but the new ones certainly grip a lot better in snow.

HUGH
12-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Vredestein Quatrac 5 are my new tires, always come up in the top of the tested 4 season tires/tyres....;)
Had my first test last week when we got 6" snow, and ice under that, performed flawlessly, good driving, good breaking and they take bumps in the road better as the old summer tires, maybe the rubber compound with silica helps there a bit.
Made in the Netherlands, made for the better high end cars available in many sizes and loads so there will be one fitting for every car/truck/4x4, for all speeds maximums, and loads.
They have the European snowflake imprinted on them so in all countries where winter tires are mandatory you can use them.

I was surprised about traction i got as well on snow and ice, and breaking ability.
Stability in corners was excellent, no more back end sliding out or not following the corner, and i drive mostly quite aggressive.

Read a review of an UK buyer living near a hill, he found it works quite well too, going uphill in snow and ice, and in summer was a almost as good summer tire he had before.
I read up a lot before choosing this one, i needed a good all round tire, and the extra safety in winter, since freezing over roads happen here every winter, snow not so much, but it does snow here every year.

Being honest, it is not a real winter tire, but it works quite nice as one, and i don't need 2 sets of tires to change with the few kilometers i drive each year, the tires would dry out before i used them up anyway, so that was not a choice.

cost was including mounting them, taking in old tires, and balancing them and tires 226 Euro's for the 175/70 R 13 inch tires, all 4 of them.
The old summer tires were 155/80 R13 a bit too small in my opinion, hence i went for the wider tires i could fit.
Remember to put in a higher tire pressure as summer tires, 2.4 Bar is needed against 2.2 Bar for the summer tires.
Look up the reviews i gave in my former post.
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Quatrac-5.htm
The Vredestein Quatrac range is one of the better known all season tyre ranges in the UK, and the Quatrac 5 builds on the excellent base of the Quatrac 3. A win in the dry handling test (but still beaten by the summer tyre) and second in dry braking and rolling resistance were the stand out results for the Vredestein, but a strong mid pack performance in the wet and snow tests resulted in a third place overall.

Thought I would try the new all season Quatrac 5 as I live 400 metres up in the valleys of Wales and drive sometimes a 1000 miles a week all over the UK. In the wet, snow and icy conditions these are unbeatable and stop the car better than any expensive top end brands on the market. About 80 per cent as good as the best summer brands in hot dry conditions and I only managed to skid the car slightly on heavy braking on dusty dry roads when driving very fast, then again what tyres won't slide slightly in these condiditions. I have done over 18'000 miles on these since January in all conditions, I just swapped the back tyres to the front and reckon I will get at least another 18 thousand out of them so great value for money too. I won't be carrying two sets of tyres for summer and winter again. They are also quiet and extremely good on rolling resistance so on a tank of fuel I gain around 40-60 miles more for my money. I won't be buying anything else again and have tried all the best makes over the years!.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2017-Auto-Bild-All-Season-Tyre-Test.htm
As you can see the Falken tires end up mostly in the worst category.
https://www.moderntyres.com/another-win-for-vredestein-quatrac-5-all-season-tyres

A happy costumer ;)

Thank you, let's see what the local tyre companies can find for him. There are at least 5 of them and he may get away with just the good ones on the front.

n2ize
12-16-2017, 05:44 PM
We are already on our 3rd snow of the season. As far as Christmas goes for me this is going to be a solemn and melancholy Christmas. It is the first Christmas without my Father. But he will be with me in spirit. He frequently gives me signs that he is still with me.

N7YA
12-16-2017, 09:10 PM

12" of snow? We just got 6, and that was it. It just got cold as hell, but all that did was make the snow crunchy and sharp.

KC2UGV
12-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Yep, snow just finally came in for us last week. Didn't last too long until yesterday. Winter is definitely here now.

Happy holidays, btw :)

n6hcm
12-24-2017, 03:13 AM
we had a little last night. it makes the parking lot pretty. my front windows look into a courtyard that's kinda picturesque when there's snow.

WØTKX
12-24-2017, 10:04 PM
We finally got some snow. And now, the weird and wonderful cartoon for the season. :mrgreen:

KC9ECI
12-24-2017, 11:10 PM
Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

n6hcm
12-25-2017, 12:26 AM
we're supposed to get some snow. the crawl on the bottom of the tv screen is nearly continuous (as they name each county in this part of the state and when their alert/warning/... ends). kinda pointless ...

KG4CGC
12-25-2017, 01:16 AM
we're supposed to get some snow. the crawl on the bottom of the tv screen is nearly continuous (as they name each county in this part of the state and when their alert/warning/... ends). kinda pointless ...

Emphasis mine.
Yeah. It's an east coast thing.

KG4CGC
12-25-2017, 01:28 AM
Of course, even if someone gives out a really inappropriate gift, it will probably be received graciously, because gift receiving is just as serious business in Japan as gift giving. There’s a real ritual to it: the person receiving the gift should feign surprise (the more the better!) and the person giving the gift should emphasize that it’s cheap, small and that the gifter is embarrassed by it.

WZ7U
12-25-2017, 03:24 AM
Weird isn't it? The crawl out here does similar to that and to what end? To .make themselves relevant somehow? It's weird, and people eat that shit up.

n6hcm
12-25-2017, 06:28 AM
well, not just an east coat thing ... but a "this part of the state" thing. when you live in big cities this isn't an issue ... but when your tv stations cover a third of the state it's a problem.

kb2crk
12-25-2017, 07:55 AM
Merry Christmas everyone.

KB3LAZ
12-25-2017, 08:21 AM
Merry Christmas.

WZ7U
12-25-2017, 08:28 AM
Agreed. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night

Happy birthday Jesus

KC2KFC
12-25-2017, 08:48 AM

KC2UGV
12-25-2017, 09:25 AM

KG4CGC
12-25-2017, 01:43 PM
No Christmas is complete without at least ONE person saying, Happy Appropriated Pagan Winter Holiday!

kb2crk
12-25-2017, 02:52 PM
No Christmas is complete without at least ONE person saying, Happy Appropriated Pagan Winter Holiday!

That was one of the appropriations. The Roman Orgy holiday is my favorite.

WZ7U
12-25-2017, 09:19 PM
There you go. All is balanced in the universe again. Kewl.

WØTKX
12-25-2017, 09:46 PM
Prime rib, asparagus, potatoes, pie with ice cream.
I found my inner Christmas Templeton.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/71/87/c471872b33b92aacf98c6d0542ab974e.jpg

KC9ECI
12-26-2017, 10:22 PM
Anyone score any good Christmas loot? I got a $50 gift card to the local home brewing supplies shop.

KB3LAZ
12-27-2017, 11:45 AM
Anyone score any good Christmas loot? I got a $50 gift card to the local home brewing supplies shop.

I got a Konosuke HD2 240mm Gyuto with a Khii ebony handle and a new prep table.

KC9ECI
12-27-2017, 04:27 PM
Dexter?

WZ7U
12-27-2017, 06:20 PM
I got a double bypass this Christmas. More fun than a body should be allowed.

KG4CGC
12-27-2017, 10:45 PM
I got a Cuban cigar purchased in Cuba.
Oh and a lens for that camera thingy that I do.

n6hcm
12-28-2017, 01:10 AM
i don't really do much xmas, but i got a $50 gift card at the office holiday party and some kitty toys in the office secret santa (including some apparently really potent catnip ... two of my three critters went apeshit over it, and the third was too scared to get too close...)

KB3LAZ
12-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Dexter?

The series or low quality mass produced knife?

KC9ECI
12-28-2017, 01:28 PM
The series or low quality mass produced knife?

Series. Never even heard of the knife.

K7SGJ
12-28-2017, 05:16 PM
They haven't been able to get it cut in yet.

KC2KFC
12-28-2017, 05:51 PM
I received a nifty book, "The Typewriter: A Graphic History of the Beloved Machine". Why wife is a good sport considering I have about 80 typewriters in my collection now.

WØTKX
12-28-2017, 07:32 PM
Cool Kevin. I like the old Royals...

I did alright, we had a nice Christmas.

The biggest surprise of all? After working at my present employer for over 11 years...
I've never got the "Jelly of the Month", always a bonus, and an OK raise. But...

I got a freakin' $6250.00 raise. When my boss told me yesterday she had to...

Give me a lecture about Socialism, and only hard American workers deserve stuff.
I've been pretending to be back to my Libertarian Daze. Guess it's working?

Manipulation and B.S. works with the shallow minds.
And, basically, doing her job for her.

Love the raise, but good grief. :doh:

WZ7U
12-28-2017, 07:37 PM
Are you serious? Amazing what happens when someone gets a big head. Good job Dave hiding your true self. :rotflol:

N7YA
12-28-2017, 07:57 PM

Indeed I did! I scored a condenser studio mic, sound shield and stand, as well as a few books.

Granted, this was a few weeks back...and I bought it for myself...and I think I might have already mentioned them here....

....i bought a book since then.

KC9ECI
12-28-2017, 10:11 PM
Meanwhile, I went in to work this morning, malingered for about 45 minutes and developed a hardcore case of the fuckits and took two days of vacation. Hid out at the fire station until the wife went to work and then came home and napped, watched tv and played video games all while shirking any kind of adult responsibilities.

The biggest surprise of all? After working at my present employer for over 11 years...
I've never got the "Jelly of the Month", always a bonus, and an OK raise. But...

Give me a lecture about Socialism, and only hard American workers deserve stuff.

KC2KFC
12-29-2017, 04:46 AM

Congratulations on the raise, that is awesome.

As far as your boss and work environment it reminds me of an old adage:
"When in Rome, do as the Romans."

And this quote from Groucho Marx:
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."

When my boss feeds me bullshit, he gets the same bullshit regurgitated.

Glad to hear you had a good Christmas and I hope all is well.

AA1OH
12-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Well I am back after a long time of no internet. I am now on the ATT 5.00 a month club....Christmas was fine here, we are both long past the gift giving stage and with no living relatives do not need to buy any for anyone! Quiet day at home with home made crab Rangoons.

suddenseer
12-29-2017, 01:26 PM
I found an awesome antique wooden chair at a flea market that so far has caused me to spend $50 to kill the little stowaway bastids on board.

WZ7U
12-29-2017, 02:28 PM
Maybe you could sell those bastids AS antiques

KB3LAZ
12-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Series. Never even heard of the knife.

Nah, just veggies and some butchery(animal). This season I decided to give raising some meat birds a try and butchering them myself. Man, those Cornish-X grow fast, sit there all lazy like expecting you to have food for them 24/7, which is the point, and poop a lot! I went with 25 and it works out to be $7 a bird as I can buy feed cheap from the local feed mill and have it ground for me. Yeah, not a savings at all. Is it worth it otherwise, I am not sure yet. :P

Point is that I got into cooking and try to do so somewhat healthy. Raise my own crops and animals. Can and preserve foods etc. Along with that came the obsession of having nice tools for these tasks and tools to maintain those tools. It is never ending. :spin:

Fairly good series though. I have watched it.

KG4CGC
12-30-2017, 11:14 PM
Nah, just veggies and some butchery(animal). This season I decided to give raising some meat birds a try and butchering them myself. Man, those Cornish-X grow fast, sit there all lazy like expecting you to have food for them 24/7, which is the point, and poop a lot! I went with 25 and it works out to be $7 a bird as I can buy feed cheap from the local feed mill and have it ground for me. Yeah, not a savings at all. Is it worth it otherwise, I am not sure yet. :P

Point is that I got into cooking and try to do so somewhat healthy. Raise my own crops and animals. Can and preserve foods etc. Along with that came the obsession of having nice tools for these tasks and tools to maintain those tools. It is never ending. :spin:

Fairly good series though. I have watched it.

You'll be one of the survivors once President Pence begins the First Annual Hunger Games.

KB3LAZ
01-02-2018, 10:21 AM
You'll be one of the survivors once President Pence begins the First Annual Hunger Games.

I don't know. We have a few "prepers" around here who might hunt and eat the locals before such events even take place...