PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday--Whatcha Get Willis?

KC9ECI
11-25-2017, 12:31 AM
I snagged some brewing stuff and a DJI Mavic for myself and a Kindle for my granddaughter.

K7SGJ
11-25-2017, 03:52 PM
I snagged some brewing stuff and a DJI Mavic for myself and a Kindle for my granddaughter.

Give us a post when you get good with the drone.

KG4CGC
11-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Stayed TF home. Visited one shop in the evening because I know the owner. Handed out a couple of minis and halfers to some friends.
On the road people were pulling in and out of parking lots without discretion of on coming traffic. Dodging them was like a video game. Surreal.

K7SGJ
11-25-2017, 05:16 PM
Stayed TF home. Visited one shop in the evening because I know the owner. Handed out a couple of minis and halfers to some friends.
On the road people were pulling in and out of parking lots without discretion of on coming traffic. Dodging them was like a video game. Surreal.

Is there room on the roof for a .50 cal?

KG4CGC
11-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Is there room on the roof for a .50 cal?

Just a little .50?

kb2crk
11-26-2017, 08:19 AM
Went walking trails in some local parks. They were admission free for black Friday.

N8YX
11-26-2017, 10:31 AM
Combination of Charles and Paul:

Went Thursday night to get my lady friend a pair of hiking boots then we've hit the trails and stayed out of the stores.

KC9ECI
11-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Give us a post when you get good with the drone.

Shouldn't take long. I've been flying my Blade 350 for about 3 years now, got a couple Blade Nano QX's that I fly around the shop when I'm on breaks, and one of the Captains on the FD has a Mavic that I've taken up a couple times.

n6hcm
11-27-2017, 01:39 AM
i got a carpet cleaner (half off) and a french press without leaving the warmth and comfort of my home. this time last year i had just landed in ny ...

PA5COR
11-27-2017, 03:49 AM
Nothing.
Got all i need, new telly, new sat receiver etc.
Just replaced the actuator on the dish for a new one, the old one became troubleesome, new one 24" was just 50 Euro.
For the rest i'll keep my savings intact for times i really need it.

koØm
11-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Nothing.
Got all i need.

"Nothing"

"Black Friday" started on Wednesday, November 22nd; I "got" last minute Thanksgivings Day cooks.

On Thursday, I "got" a deluge before lunch, then a drought around dinner time and a flood of folks shopping after dinner. I didn't get my own Thanksgiving Dinner.

On Friday, I "got" Bargain Hunters and Shoplifters all day and into the night.

On Saturday, I "got" the "Is this still on sale" folks?"

On Sunday, I "got" Xmas shoppers, Football fans and, returns from Friday and Saturday.

"Bah-Humbug"

KB3LAZ
11-28-2017, 12:10 PM
I got a Konosuke HD2 240mm Gyuto (kitchen knife). :) I don't normally mess around with these sales but it was on my radar for a long time.

WZ7U
11-28-2017, 02:57 PM
I got to avoid the whole thing :spin:

KB3LAZ
11-28-2017, 04:31 PM
I got to avoid the whole thing :spin:

Didn't have to do anything special. Just cruise a site I often do but save 10%. :lol: That in store stuff where people get run over, no thank you. I am not big on crowds to begin with.

AL7JK
11-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Browsed through ham radio outlet's catalogue and finished off a bottle of vodka
that day. One can never have too many radios.

K7SGJ
11-29-2017, 04:18 PM
I've been eyeing that Kenwood TS-590 ever since it came out. I have the $$ rat holed but for some reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

KG4CGC
11-30-2017, 12:59 AM
I've been eyeing that Kenwood TS-590 ever since it came out. I have the $$ rat holed but for some reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

How much does one of those run these days?

K7SGJ
11-30-2017, 05:28 PM
Regular price is around $1850, on sale for $1600. However, this time it is a limited number [I think it is 350 units] black anniversary edition that includes a special edition Vibroplex Vibrocube, a VGS-1 voice synthesizer, and an SO-3 high stability TCXO. All in all, not a bad deal. I have always had very good luck with Kenwood, and like I said, this rig caught my eye several years ago when it first hit the market.

WZ7U
11-30-2017, 06:24 PM
No snake on the microphone?

K7SGJ
11-30-2017, 06:37 PM
I'll give ya a snake.

WZ7U
11-30-2017, 07:31 PM
:clap::spin:

N7YA
11-30-2017, 07:31 PM
I only do online shopping at this time of year, but I have to say that Cyber Monday is always better.

I dont really need much, but this year, Devi and I decided to take $100 each. So i bought a studio mic and a new stand for recording, and a couple of books, one on old Portland, ME (which may be our next destination...more on that later), and one on the Hopi nation. Devi got some Aleister Crowley Tarot cards. She knows he was a king sized egotist, sick weirdo and just an all around festering asshole, but she likes the detailed research he put into them as well as the way Lady Frida Harris designed and painted them...yes, thats right, he didnt do the art as many were led to believe.

So, yeah...we bought some stuff. :)

KB3LAZ
12-01-2017, 11:23 AM
I only do online shopping at this time of year, but I have to say that Cyber Monday is always better.

I dont really need much, but this year, Devi and I decided to take $100 each. So i bought a studio mic and a new stand for recording, and a couple of books, one on old Portland, ME (which may be our next destination...more on that later), and one on the Hopi nation. Devi got some Aleister Crowley Tarot cards. She knows he was a king sized egotist, sick weirdo and just an all around festering asshole, but she likes the detailed research he put into them as well as the way Lady Frida Harris designed and painted them...yes, thats right, he didnt do the art as many were led to believe.

So, yeah...we bought some stuff. :)

Not sure there is a difference between BF and CM these days as it is all "cyber week". Even today a lot of places still have 10-25% off! Though most have slowed down or stopped at this point. Regardless, lots of deals to be had for the past week and I got all of my holiday shopping done, 90% of it online and already in my walk-in waiting to be wrapped. :)

KC9ECI
12-01-2017, 08:39 PM
XYL figured out how much I spend and lost her composure. When she was done I explained to her that she was to start bringing home receipts for her nights out at the winery with the girls. She's been fairly quiet since.

K7SGJ
12-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Ouch.

I might have tried one of these two approaches:

1. Sweetheart, I understand your concern, but you need to trust me, just Like I do you when you go to the winery with your friends.

2. Don't you dare give me any smack about what I spend, bitch. Just thank your lucky stars that I give you such a wonderful fucking life with someone like me.

KC9ECI
12-02-2017, 09:10 PM
I'd have gone with option 2 except I fall asleep most nights before she does and it would be easy for her to beat me about the head and neck with a cast iron skillet.

N7YA
12-02-2017, 10:31 PM
I would like to add that we have the best collection of sig lines on the internet.

WZ7U
12-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Not to mention the best forum and members in ham radio as well as the net in general. :clap: