PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 27 Beta (pre-release)

n2ize
10-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Fedora 27 is due to be officially released in November. Meanwhile I upgraded one of my systems to the pre-release of Fedora 27 beta. The first time I tried it the upgrade failed. All the packages downloaded and when I tried to reboot into install mode I would get the message "Upgrading...this will take a while" and then it rebooted back into Fedora 26. Then I tried it again the net day and the upgrade worked flawlessly. So far Fedora 27 seems solid, stable and didn't break any of my software. Normally I wait to the official releases but of late I have been jumping ahead and upgrading the beta pre-releases.

W2NAP
10-16-2017, 08:57 PM
well i got all my machines moved over to fedora 26 lxqt 64b now. I may this weekend upgrade one of them to 27 and check it out.

n2ize
10-17-2017, 03:15 PM
well i got all my machines moved over to fedora 26 lxqt 64b now. I may this weekend upgrade one of them to 27 and check it out.It should go smoothly. Thus far II haven't run across any bugs or problems with Fedora 27/ I just upgraded my main system from Fedora 25 to 26. Since my main system is my "production system" I only upgrade it with official releases. On my other systems I am more adventuresome and will upgrade into a pre-release.