PDA

View Full Version : Proof there is hope for the young....

KD8TUT
03-16-2017, 03:02 PM
This dude... has it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v9-Cp1Lkw4

NQ6U
03-16-2017, 04:34 PM
Awesome.

KD8TUT
03-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Awesome.

Actually- credit goes to you for pointing me to the channel... thanks!

WX7P
03-17-2017, 09:24 AM
I didn't watch the video, I'm sure it's funny.

To the point that 'there's hope for the young', Absolutely.

My experience with young people is skewed West Coast and Midwest university oriented, so my comments aren't intended to be all encompassing, BUT...

The big thing I've noticed between my generation and my daughter's generation is the younger people don't notice ethnicity that way we did. We were taught either by the TV or more directly, by our older relatives that non-white skin pigmentation meant 'different' or in the unfortunately more prevalent situation, 'to be feared'. I don't see that except in the circles of the bowtie wearing dumbshit Ayn Rand acolytes of which there are (fortunately) few.

The younger generation does get that oligarchs are the source of evil. The years of degrading institutions by right wingers has had an unintended result with younger people. Their bullshit detectors are on high alert and DO smell out lies and obvious misrepresentations such as those presented by the current administration.

California is a classic example of this trend. California used to be a rock solid Republican state until the 60's. There was still a strong but waning Republican presence there until all of the so-called 'liberal' Republicans started dying off. Pete Wilson delivered the mortal wound with prop 187 (denying help of any kind to undocumented people-there's no such thing as an 'illegal' human being) and Schwarzenegger
delivered the coup d'etat To Republicanism by being torpedoed by his own base to the point of ineffectiveness. The trending younger demographic shift largely has fueled that change.

It's the same way in Washington state. Even where I live, which is pretty Republican, the right wing types aren't the same as in the Midwest or the South. Again, it's a culture thing fueled by the younger demographic. Granted, there's still the dipshits with cowboy up and confederate flag stickers on their cars but they are starting to fade.

Trump may be a blessing in disguise for eventual sanity. The younger people don't buy the xenophobic approach and weren't raised by the WWII "my country right or wrong" generation. We lived through the insanity of Vietnam. We taught our children to think critically and to not buy into jingoism.

We will survive and the young will lead us out of the wilderness.

WØTKX
03-17-2017, 01:43 PM
The meek may indeed inherit...

WZ7U
03-17-2017, 04:34 PM
That's some really funny chit. Cool!

KG4NEL
03-18-2017, 02:11 PM
Trump may be a blessing in disguise for eventual sanity. The younger people don't buy the xenophobic approach and weren't raised by the WWII "my country right or wrong" generation. We lived through the insanity of Vietnam. We taught our children to think critically and to not buy into jingoism.

We will survive and the young will lead us out of the wilderness.

I feel that way, until I listen to Ben Shapiro or idiots of his ilk.

KG4CGC
03-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Smart kid. Let's hope the money doesn't change and that he doesn't buy into the notion that once you grow up you have to be conservative otherwise all those lazy bastards will get your money.