PDA

View Full Version : Working on a Poem

n2ize
03-12-2017, 12:16 PM
I'm working on a lengthy poem for over a year not but so far it hasn't gelled. I've so far got stuff about "Sesame Street having lawyers in Yonkers" and "near freedom from the borealis", and, "lackluster charmers" but the rest still have to fall into place.

I'm also getting back into playing the violin after can absence of a couple of months. I hope to get back to attending orchestra rehearsals in another week or two. Between my Dad's illness and a nasty bout of the flu and other things it has left little time for musical endeavors. I also want to improve my playing. I plan to go over (re-learn) all the basics and advanced techniques a second time and work on getting them down to far greater perfection.

WZ7U
03-12-2017, 04:18 PM
All I have is the stuff on outhouse walls. There was a thread for that a while back. Sorry John. Carry on and best of luck.

NQ6U
03-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Everyone knows that all good poems start with either "Roses are red, violets are blue" or "There was a young man from Nantucket."

WØTKX
03-12-2017, 06:03 PM
I wrote a "Sussiean" style poem years ago, and shared it with the late, great Jeff.

He thought it was pretty good. I can't find it.

The gist of it was, the "tree of knowledge" is the human bullshit about scapegoating the other.
And we are still in the Garden of Eden, but our hatred is destroying it.

Heh.

KG4CGC
03-13-2017, 06:05 PM
Everyone knows that all good poems start with either "Roses are red, violets are blue" or "There was a young man from Nantucket."

Or "here I sit ..."

n2ize
03-13-2017, 06:07 PM
The once was a man named brocket
Who stuck his dikk in the socket
His wife was a bitch
And flipped on the switch
And Brockett took off like a Rocket.

KG4CGC
03-13-2017, 07:30 PM
There once was a man named Saul.
He suffered from a member so small.
So he threw a fit and slipped on some shit,
now he's forced to walk alone in the hall.

WZ7U
03-14-2017, 04:33 AM
Only took 5 posts......... nice!!!

WØTKX
03-14-2017, 08:15 AM
There is an alt-leader named Trump
Keeps tweeting from his rump
A narcissistic brain
Only pretends to gain
Clogged the swamp's sump pump

n2ize
03-15-2017, 12:45 AM
There is an alt-leader named Trump
Keeps tweeting from his rump
A narcissistic brain
Only pretends to gain
Clogged the swamp's sump pump

Hah !!! I like it... Come to think of it I am sure that we can invent quite a few Trump rhymes.

KC2KFC
03-23-2017, 03:12 PM

And also "The boy stood on the burning deck..."