PDA

View Full Version : Eyball?

W3WN
02-23-2017, 09:19 AM
Any of you guys (geez, I almost typed 'yinz', after 30+ years they're finally starting to assimilate me!) planning on coming to WASHFest on Sunday?

(Obviously, I don't expect an affirmative from Da Pope or La Rata or anyone else outside of the reasonable driving zone)

If so, look me up. Before we start the VE tests at 10, when I'll be busier than a one legged man in a mule k... scratch that, change that, make that a one armed man in a paper hanging contest.

K7SGJ
02-23-2017, 09:28 AM
We would have been there but Bob refused to go help Carl get the Yugo running right. (Is that even possible?) Had we know that sooner, the Pope and I would have planned on hitchhiking or walking there. Yes, we ARE that dedicated to ham radio.

We were also planning on collecting 10-10 numbers along the way. Now.....................

So, you all can blame Bob for not having "The-Pope-N-Rat Show" at the event.

W3WN
02-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Well, there's always Anarchy Airlines, the successor to Useless Air.

OTOH, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Well, maybe one, but he already has a pink helicopter pre loaded with tacos waiting for him...

N8YX
02-23-2017, 11:53 AM
I 'might", depending on logistics...the night before...etc.

NQ6U
02-23-2017, 12:14 PM
I was thinking about taking the boat but the Panama Canal tolls are exorbitant and the Ohio River too prone to shoaling.

K7SGJ
02-23-2017, 12:51 PM
I was thinking about taking the boat but the Panama Canal tolls are exorbitant and the Ohio River too prone to shoaling.

Sail up the Salt River to get me, and I'll be the navigator. No worries about the Panama Canal, or Ohio river. You put the getting there to me and just drive the boat, and you will truly be amazed at the results.

KC2UGV
02-23-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm aiming to try and make it down there, mainly for Pittsburgh. Planning on getting in Saturday to meet with friends who live there, and Sunday for the Wash Fest. However, it all depends on how this datacenter move goes.

W3WN
02-23-2017, 01:38 PM
I 'might", depending on logistics...the night before...etc.
I'm aiming to try and make it down there, mainly for Pittsburgh. Planning on getting in Saturday to meet with friends who live there, and Sunday for the Wash Fest. However, it all depends on how this datacenter move goes.Understood.

And it figures. Weather's been great all week, it's supposed to be better tomorrow (Friday). Sunday forecast at present is low 40's. And then back up to warm temperatures Monday & Tuesday.

KJ3N
02-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Any of you guys planning on coming to WASHFest on Sunday?

Nope. http://cq160.com/

NA4BH
02-23-2017, 09:18 PM
We would have been there but Bob refused to go help Carl get the Yugo running right. (Is that even possible?) Had we know that sooner, the Pope and I would have planned on hitchhiking or walking there. Yes, we ARE that dedicated to ham radio.

We were also planning on collecting 10-10 numbers along the way. Now.....................

So, you all can blame Bob for not having "The-Pope-N-Rat Show" at the event.

Well, the good news is that the engine is almost back together.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/358/32235171884_ca93c1dd0e_z.jpg

The bad news is that the engine is almost back together.

K7SGJ
02-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Well, the good news is that the engine is almost back together.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/358/32235171884_ca93c1dd0e_z.jpg

The bad news is that the engine is almost back together.

Hard to believe all that sand came out of that little motor.

NA4BH
02-23-2017, 10:04 PM
Desert life

WZ7U
02-24-2017, 12:12 AM
I did a GMC pickup like that in the late 80's with an intake for a single 4 barrel carb and dual exhaust headers. Lil dude had TORQUE. Enough torque that I blew up a clutch cover doing a granny gear burnout. Would tow almost everything and in the day had a most unusual, distinctive exhaust note generally unheard of then.

Another in the list of "wish I'd kept that".

Nice work, even if a little 'gritty'

Sorry about the hijack. Hope you all have a nice 'eyball' at the 'fest.

K7SGJ
02-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Desert life

You known nothing of desert life. Real desert dwellers eat prickly pear cactus, and wipe their ass with cholla.

W3WN
02-24-2017, 11:11 AM
< snip >
Sorry about the hijack. Hope you all have a nice 'eyball' at the 'fest.
Par for the course around here. Of course, it's all in good fun.

W2NAP
02-24-2017, 12:05 PM
i will not be able to make the trip, not enough cash to do so. how ever I do have a new digital scope, new solder station and a old school hp 18ghz freq counter with nixie tube display inbound

KG4NEL
02-28-2017, 11:35 AM
You known nothing of desert life. Real desert dwellers eat prickly pear cactus, and wipe their ass with cholla.

I prefer challah.

W3WN
02-28-2017, 12:07 PM
I prefer challah.
So do I. But Halvah is even better.