PDA

View Full Version : World Champion Chicago Cubs

NQ6U
11-03-2016, 12:17 AM
And that's a phrase I never figured I'd type.

If you didn't watch this year's World Series, you missed one of the best ever. The Cubs were down 3 games to 1 and came back to win three in a row and take the title for the first time in 107 108 years. Game seven reminded me once again of why I love baseball. To quote the Great Sage, "It ain't over 'til it's over."

W2NAP
11-03-2016, 09:45 AM
last win 1908, all us alive today seen something amazing. the cubs winning the series

KK4AMI
11-03-2016, 11:13 AM
My neighbor is a United Airlines pilot from Chicago and an avid Cubs fan. Watch for B-737 contrails doing zigzags, that will be him dancing on the rudder pedals.

WZ7U
11-04-2016, 06:16 AM
Oops, missed it

K7SGJ
11-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Yay for the Cubs. I've been a fan for years. Grandma was an avid Cubs fan too, and when I stayed with her and Grandpa during baseball season, the Cubbies were her team, and the team she rooted for. That's how I became a fan, listening to Harry Caray call the game over the old wooden Crosley. As a matter of fact, according to the rat, the Cubs have had a very loyal fan base that stayed with them for all those years.

It looks like someone got their goat.

WØTKX
11-04-2016, 04:53 PM
I watched/listened to most of it. IMHO, this was one of the best World Series ever.

http://www.bigtimeteez.com/image/cache/catalog/Thumbnails/Party-Like-Its-1908-800x800.jpg

W2NAP
11-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Yay for the Cubs. I've been a fan for years. Grandma was an avid Cubs fan too, and when I stayed with her and Grandpa during baseball season, the Cubbies were her team, and the team she rooted for. That's how I became a fan, listening to Harry Caray call the game over the old wooden Crosley. As a matter of fact, according to the rat, the Cubs have had a very loyal fan base that stayed with them for all those years.

It looks like someone got their goat.

my grandfather was a cubs fan, always watched the games on WGN. he died in 1995, but had he lived to see this (he would have been over 100) it prob would have given him a heart attack