PDA

View Full Version : FS: Ten Tec Paragon, Ten Tec Scout

W3WN
10-28-2016, 08:05 AM
I'm relaying the following on behalf of my friend Bill Hill W3WH. Please contact him directly with any questions ( w3wh@comcast.net )
-------------------------------
I intend to bring two Ten Tec radios to (the) WACOM (hamfest on November 6th).. Since I have an Elecraft KX3 and since I recently
acquired an Icom 7300 the following radios are excess to my needs.

The first is a Ten Tec Paragon which I bought from K4TAX earlier this year. It has a general coverage receiver from AM broadcast to 30 MHz, and it provides 100 watts out on all 9 Ham bands from 160-10 meters. It includes Ten Tec crystal filters 2.4khz, 1.8khz, .500hz, .250hz. I have found the radio to function well on both SSB and CW. I will also include an original manual, microphone and a Ten Tec power supply. Yours for $650. (plus shipping costs if you buy it online)

The second rig is my Ten Tec Scout. It is a small rig which lends itself easily to portable operations. It runs 50 watts on both SSB and CW. For filtering, it has a very effective Jones filter which can narrow the passband from 2500hz to 500hz. The package includes the Ten Tec power supply and microphone. Band selection is via plug- in modules. This offering includes 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15 and 10 meters. Yours for $600 (plus shipping costs if you buy it online).
--------------------------
Permit me to add two things:

First, on Bill's behalf, he told me that he really doesn't want to futz around with S&H. So if you're interested, and are willing to come to the WACOM hamfest and pick them up in person, I think he'd be willing to come down a little in price.

Second, I've used both rigs on occasion, and they are both fully functioning. They simply are sitting around in his shack collecting dust, and that's why they're for sale. (Personally, I wouldn't mind getting the Scout if I had the spare shekels right now, but that money is earmarked for the Omni VI+ repair)