PDA

View Full Version : "The Scariest Place on Earth"

W3WN
10-19-2016, 12:59 PM
Just in time for the end of the month...

There's a Haunted House in the Columbus OH area known as "The Scariest Place on Earth"

See the video below, taken over this last weekend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVx-8sv8HlA

Little Miss Field Day's roommate, Kat, and her family have been involved in this for years. Last weekend, Kat "kidnapped" LMFD for the weekend. She shows up at "exactly" the 16:55 mark, and that's all I'm going to say.

About her performance, that is. LMFD also tells me that a news crew from ABC News (don't know if it was the local station or the network, but of course the local station can feed this up to the network) filmed some of the event, and they were told that it MIGHT show up on the news. (Or not)

Kat & LMFD will be returning this weekend. They had a blast!

NQ6U
10-19-2016, 01:07 PM
Doesn't scare me as much as a eHam political forum.

WZ7U
10-19-2016, 04:00 PM
Doesn't scare me as much as a eHam political forum.
They have one of those?

W3WN
10-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Oh, c'mon guys. I just wanted to share a little bit of light hearted fun involving my daughter in a good way, and you have to introduce the political nonsense?

Really?

Do you really want to emulate the gym teacher and she who must not be mocked? Or do you prefer I dredge up some other miscreants who hijack threads?

C'mon. You're better than this. Well, you're supposed to be, at least...

WZ7U
10-19-2016, 05:55 PM
Oh, c'mon guys. I just wanted to share a little bit of light hearted fun involving my daughter in a good way, and you have to introduce the political nonsense?

Really?

Do you really want to emulate the gym teacher and she who must not be mocked? Or do you prefer I dredge up some other miscreants who hijack threads?

C'mon. You're better than this. Well, you're supposed to be, at least...

Sorry Ron,
I think it has something to do with living in this time zone, or maybe it's residual radiation from Fukishima, or the innate desire to take this thread to Cuba? Hard to say. Even as a kid, Halloween never did anything for me, especially when the whole razors in the candy bars thing took off in the early 70's. Mom wouldn't let us eat anything unless she checked it out first, which from this side of the timeline makes sense, but it ruined it for me back then. Guess I've been a stick in the mud since, well, forever.

That was pretty cool LMFD gets to be a part of such an intricate affair. The brunettes (Brittney) reaction to everything is hilarious! I'm guessing this is in a stripmall somewhere? Amazing the level of detail they go to for this thing. LMFD seems to be getting into it a little too much. Good enthusiasm on her part. The 3D area is friggin weird! The whole onsite makeup department is awesome; I'm glad someone is enjoying Halloween.

As far as being better than this, I hate to disappoint you, but, if I don't get 20 million $ in a suitcase and a parachute in the back of the plane, this thread either goes to Cuba or it goes kaboom. Hey, it worked good the last time I......uh........disregard that last statement, m'kay? Thanks.

KG4CGC
10-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Very cool beans, Ron. I appreciate the things you share. Sharing with us a part of your life is not always an easy thing to do. For the last few years I've felt like I've grown up with your family through the little snippets posted here from time to time. This is a good thing.
It's like the time CPT. Picard lived a lifetime in another civilization in 20 minutes in that episode where the probe beamed into him. That episode just kind of reaches in and grabs you by the gut.

NQ6U
10-19-2016, 09:57 PM
Lighten up, Ron, I was just having a little fun, Island Style.

Charles, that was one of my favorite Next Generation episodes.