PDA

View Full Version : Bloody heatwave

PA5COR
09-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Had some nice sunny weather last weeks, 22 to 25 C ideal for the outdoor thingies to do.
Next week we get the 3rd heatwave of the year, for Christ sake we live next to the bloody ocean.......:rant:

So, fan at the ready, need to go on the roof for the winter check up of the antenna's and guy wires of the inverted L.....
Need more coffee....:mrgreen:

n2ize
09-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Been very hot and humid here since mid July. August was very hot and so far september's been quite hot and humid. I just sweat and deal with it. I am not going to hold my breath waiting for winter to come because that just makes the heat and humidity seem all the more miserable and longer. But yeah, I could live without summer and I wouldn't miss it.

KG4CGC
09-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Went from dry blast furnace to bamboo steamer overnight.

PA5COR
09-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Not seen a winter with freezing temperatures in 3 or 4 years, just around end December we had a bit freezing rain.... took all of a few hours to thaw away...

Tempered climate next to the North sea, my *ss...
June started wit 2 weeks hot weather, after which july was normal, August first 2 weeks normal, then satan decided to really throw fuel on the fire down there.... *sshole.
Looks like someone pulled the country 1000 Km's south...

AA1OH
09-10-2016, 02:34 PM
I know locally we have had 69 days in a row of 32-37 degrees C, then the tropical storm went through and it dropped for a few days but it is back up to the 34-35 range again.

WØTKX
09-10-2016, 02:55 PM
This may not last. There are predictions that the ocean currents will slow even further, and the North Atlantic will get a lot cooler. Due to global warming. Then in about 20 years or so, if it keeps getting warmer everywhere, it will get hot again. Maybe this will help mankind have a little more time to grow up and stop what has been going on.

On the other side of the atlantic, a lot of colder water is being dropped off of Greenland. So, who knows. The Pacific currents are slowing down too, and the "gyre" between Russia and Alaska may stop spinning and just go up to the polar ice cap. Siberia may become the land of milk and honey? :chin:

Hang on, it's gonna be a wild ride. But, I'll probably be dead by then.

Of course, mass migrations from the terribly hot and increasingly arid tropical sub/tropical regions will likely stress the hell out of the poo flinging monkeys... Ooops, I mean humanity.

PA5COR
09-11-2016, 02:51 PM
The Middle east refugees in the millions caused partly by drought and wars are already flocking to Europe.
Part of the is financial refugee, looking for a more profitable life.
So, yes the run for other places by climate changes is already happening.

We had some weird weather here for the last years, more rain, more high temperatures, Germans had some real floodings etc, tornado's waterspouts name it we got it.
All "100"year floods but happening within a few years, like in the UK.

kb2vxa
09-11-2016, 03:07 PM
"...then the tropical storm went through and it dropped for a few days but it is back up to the 34-35 range again."
This Labor Day weekend I had the best time ever here at the Jersey Shore, NO BENNYS! The alarmists played up the no big deal to begin with storm to the point it made the perfect Benny repellent and turned into a big nothing, it evaporated. The icing on the cake, the OEM reverse 911 system and the LPAM advisory transmitter on 1630 carried the message "All visitors and non-residents are advised to leave immediately." making our war cry BENNY GO HOME official. Peace returned to the valley, the beaches and boardwalks closed early, the State Marine Police and Coast Guard went home and I locked out the Beach Patrol memory bank in my scanner putting it in winter mode.
As a footnote, we're so used to gales here we think nothing of them, I remember a while back mentioning in response to something Cor wrote we harden our antenna installations too. Then again we're Shore People, not Bennys... THE BENNYS WENT HOME, HA HA!

"The Pacific currents are slowing down too, and the "gyre" between Russia and Alaska may stop spinning and just go up to the polar ice cap."
Look at it as a good thing, when that huge garbage dump freezes we can chop it up and dump it in a land fill.

"Of course, mass migrations from the terribly hot and increasingly arid tropical sub/tropical regions will likely stress the hell out of the poo flinging monkeys... Ooops, I mean humanity."
No big deal, it's happened many times before and there are still plenty of poo flinging monkeys around, it's all perfectly natural. Now if you're so worried about man-made CO2... stop breathing.

WZ7U
09-12-2016, 01:34 AM
"Now if you're so worried about man-made CO2... stop breathing.

Ouch......

Do I have to stop farting too?

PA5COR
09-12-2016, 05:21 AM
specially farting, methane is 20 times worse per molecule as CO2 for the environment... ;)

WZ7U
09-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Oh boy, soon the plexiglass shield won't be able to hold back the mess from the non farting, non exhaling, ever inflating bag of non-expelled gasses that my body will become now. Ewww

Thanks global warming