PDA

View Full Version : Hemmoroids

X-Rated
08-13-2016, 10:26 AM
I never had hemmoroids but I do have dry flakey skin on the backs of my hands and arms. I tried hand cremes and they didn't work well as my skin was dry again in a matter of hours. I saw a commercial for a little tub of Gold Bond Ultimate on TV, and I wondered to myself, "self, would that work?" So I went to the local pharmacy in beautiful downtown Oregon, IL and lo and behold, right there in front of me were many products but none of them that elusive Ultimate. So I said WTF. Why don't I try Eucerin? Rich creme? :clap: After a few days of applying it to the hands and arms, there is a noticeable difference in just applying once in the morn and once before bed. Never heard of it before. Anyway maybe you know of someone on 80m to discuss this with.

X-Rated
08-13-2016, 10:29 AM
Woops��. Wrong forum.

WØTKX
08-13-2016, 10:47 AM
LOL, I thought you were gonna make a political comparison regarding hemorrhoids. Which made sense to me. :snicker:

My dry skin and slow healing bruises/minor cuts are because of blood thinners. I did not have that problem in the past, in fact, quite the opposite. I have to take them, so I can stay alive, as I am susceptible to DVT post chemo. It may be a lifelong thing. I find that taking quick showers and not using soaps except on the stinky bits helps a lot. Milder soaps too, the usual harsh ones are not a good idea.

Had a few minor hemorrhoids previous to my more recent stuff, but they really are a lot better if I eat less processed and red meat. Which is OK, I prefer fish, it's just expensive. More good bread and pasta helps, as the gluten free thing is even more nonsense than the fructose/sucrose thing. Happy pooping, eh? ;)

PA5COR
08-13-2016, 11:07 AM
Politics is in need of some lubrification ;)

WØTKX
08-13-2016, 11:08 AM
http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/SEwAAOSwkl5XdVXD/s-l225.jpg

KK4AMI
08-13-2016, 11:44 AM
Finally, issues I identify with. I get dry skin on my knuckles, elbows and feet. After my shower, I do a rub down in various Gold Bond creme and foot powders. Nobody told me old age is a bitch and then you itch.

VE7MGF
08-13-2016, 12:12 PM
did i stumble onto 75m?

WØTKX
08-13-2016, 01:29 PM
Lemme play some music on the freekency...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VTszNLwFd0

NQ6U
08-13-2016, 07:53 PM
did i stumble onto 75m?

“Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this!”

HUGH
08-14-2016, 06:27 AM
“Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this!”

Classic answer: "Well, stop doing that then!"

KD8TUT
08-14-2016, 07:18 AM
Asteroids... that is all.

WØTKX
08-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Well, since it got moved to Rumpus... :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwiQqOs1tUY

X-Rated
08-14-2016, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the move to Rumpus.

VE7MGF
08-14-2016, 11:09 AM
maybe switch to altoids

WZ7U
08-14-2016, 11:35 AM
laughing so hard one shits oneself - assteroids

K7SGJ
08-14-2016, 11:52 AM
I've had extremely dry skin for most of my adult life. Feet and heels are particularly problematic. When I'm woodworking, especially in the winter my cuticles get real bad, cracked, and painful. For the longest time I've used a prescription cream called Rea 40. It worked well, and reactivated when you washed your hands. Recently, I saw O'keefs working hands cream, and it worked extremely well on my hands, and they healed pretty quickly. But I found their foot cream lacking. For the rest of my body, I use Mennen body lotion or Gold Bond if my back is particularly itchy in the winter.

I would have discussed this on 80, but the topics have to be much deeper than dry skin. The hemorrhoids post up there ^ might make it, though.

NQ6U
08-14-2016, 05:26 PM
I just rub myself all over with kerosene after I shower. Great for the skin and keeps the mosquitoes away, too.

X-Rated
08-14-2016, 08:06 PM
It's handy for self-immolation as well. Then watch those misquitoes fly away. :(

VE7MGF
08-15-2016, 08:51 PM
i have been told that there is a product called bag balm
although i am not sure what part of your body you put it on
to give you smooth skin

WØTKX
08-15-2016, 09:39 PM
Bag balm and udder butter are similar, for milking the cows so they don't get sore. It's for "veterinary use only", but it works. The big deal is the active ingredients.

I've used it, and it works well. Coal tar is the generic name for this ingredient, and similar compounds.

I used a shampoo that had coal tar in it for my first pooch Xena (over the rainbow bridge) a rescued Akita who had horrible sebaceous adenitis. It made her stop scratching, and tho she never grew a full coat like a normal Akita, she was a hell of a lot more comfortable. Honestly, with that short hair and goofy doggie grin, she looked like an overgrown 100lb Chihuahua.

Miss that damn dog. She was such a great person. :(

WZ7U
08-16-2016, 01:22 AM
Yes. Bag balm is the s#!%, use it and see. You should be satisfied.

Not sure if you should use it on your 'bag' though

KG4CGC
08-17-2016, 02:50 AM
Another Kansas thread?

Hey, Dave ... have you tried more cashews?

kb2vxa
08-18-2016, 07:52 AM
This isn't 75M so I'll keep my 'roids, monster butt boil and some worm like thing that when squeezed what came out looked like toothpaste to myself.

"Why don't I try Eucerin?"
You're glad you did because doctors know best. Mine recommended it years ago and I've been happier than a pig in shit ever since. I was even happier when I washed the shit off.

VE7MGF
08-18-2016, 08:19 PM
UCK