PDA

View Full Version : FCC Forfeiture Order to W4BHV

W3WN
07-29-2016, 10:37 AM
Wow, the FCC Daily Digest is suddenly bursting with Amateur Radio miscreant-related items.

Today's lucky winner: David Tolassi W4BHV of Ringgold, GA. And it involves one of the more infamous Frequencies That May Not Be Named that Over Yonder used to get their drawers in a bind with, name, 14.313 MHz.

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2016/db0729/DA-16-858A1.pdf

They specifically mention that he got a harsher punishment (Forfeiture rathe than another NOV) than some other miscreants because he is a repeat offender.

Of course, it is only for $1000.

NQ6U
07-29-2016, 02:04 PM
[...] Of course, it is only for $1000.

Hey, that's one less rig he can buy and use to annoy the rest of us.

N8YX
07-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Just how difficult is it to operate a ham rig and NOT get cited?

W3WN
07-29-2016, 10:11 PM
If you ever figure it out let us know... :lol:

WZ7U
07-30-2016, 01:30 AM

I must not be trying hard enough

kb2vxa
07-30-2016, 12:57 PM
"Just how difficult is it to operate a ham rig and NOT get cited?"

On a scale of 1 to 10 in order of increasing difficulty: Anywhere from 26-28MHz with 20,000+ W 0, 14.313MHz QRP 11.

KØWVM
08-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better schmuck... His arrest report in Georgia from February of last year (domestic assault) is quite a read.

WØTKX
08-03-2016, 03:14 PM
I've heard him more than once attacking rag chew groups I've frequented.

As they say in the south "bless his heart".

N8YX
08-04-2016, 07:37 AM
I've heard him more than once attacking rag chew groups I've frequented.

He was forced to re-test as a result of actions of this nature on 20M. Of course, this resulted in a reduction of privileges.

K7SGJ
08-04-2016, 11:46 AM

KD5OEI
08-06-2016, 08:50 AM
How does the FCC collect from people who don't pay? Nagging question.

Not to diminish the rottenness of the object of the topic but much bigger fines have been laid against annoying persons and scofflaws.
K1MAN got a big fine a few years ago. From appearances of the house and car etc., he did not seem like the sort to have that much in cash. I wonder if he ever did pay it, and if not, what the FCC did to grab the money? They do not seem to offer a payment plan.

At one time in a phone call, I asked an FCC official how they force money out of people - for instance do they try to take their house or what. He said no nothing like that - but I feel as though they do find a way to collect.

Only an idiot would put something like that on a credit card because of the usurious interest - a double punishment for sure. -unless something much worse was going to happen.

N2CHX
08-06-2016, 09:34 AM
How does the FCC collect from people who don't pay? Nagging question.

Not to diminish the rottenness of the object of the topic but much bigger fines have been laid against annoying persons and scofflaws.
K1MAN got a big fine a few years ago. From appearances of the house and car etc., he did not seem like the sort to have that much in cash. I wonder if he ever did pay it, and if not, what the FCC did to grab the money? They do not seem to offer a payment plan.

At one time in a phone call, I asked an FCC official how they force money out of people - for instance do they try to take their house or what. He said no nothing like that - but I feel as though they do find a way to collect.

Only an idiot would put something like that on a credit card because of the usurious interest - a double punishment for sure. -unless something much worse was going to happen.

This talks about fines issued to companies specifically, but I imagine the process is pretty much the same for induhvidual licensees:

https://www.fcc.gov/news-events/blog/2015/11/25/enforcement-fines-collection-process

The DOJ collects on it. DOJ debt collection regulations here: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/02/18/2015-02587/department-of-justice-debt-collection-regulations#h-16

WØTKX
08-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Naaa, Killer Hamsters get the long process, as it's not really a consumer issue. :roll:

However, I do think a precedent needs to be started based on "hate crimes".

Because free speech can, and does go too far outside of the media... of course.

"'Cause that's just "entertainment". :roll:

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-we-ve-defined-decency-down-now-that-we-look-at-the-entertainment-value-of-it-whether-rush-limbaugh-17-59-39.jpg

Or listen to it, believe it, and even VOTE FOR IT. :doh:

KD8TUT
08-07-2016, 02:47 AM
I think I just threw up a little.