PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks at 2:00 AM.

n2ize
07-29-2016, 12:48 AM
It's almost 2:00 AM here and some imbesol is setting off fireworks outside.

PA5COR
07-29-2016, 03:52 AM
*ssholes are universal....

KD8TUT
07-29-2016, 01:07 PM

When that happens- we call the fire marshal. He rolls out of bed, very pissed off, and handles the situation.

N8YX
07-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Around here they play nice and observe the curfew. And as long as your stuff stays on your property, no one cares.

n2ize
07-29-2016, 04:39 PM
This type of stuff rarely happens around here. My guess is someone came home after having one too many and stumbled across their cache of leftover works from July 4th.

n2ize
07-29-2016, 04:41 PM
BTW it stopped about 30 minutes after I posted this. Either he ran out of works or else the cops paid him a friendly visit.

WZ7U
07-30-2016, 01:34 AM

Not gun play?

Lucky you. Could be worse

kb2vxa
07-30-2016, 01:17 PM
"It's almost 2:00 AM here and some imbesol is setting off fireworks outside."
So why tell us?

"Not gun play?"
When I lived in Lizardbreath (Elizabeth, NJ) it was gun serious!

W3WN
08-01-2016, 02:47 PM
BTW it stopped about 30 minutes after I posted this. Either he ran out of works or else the cops paid him a friendly visit.
My father-in-law tells the story of the time, many many moons ago (the Boss was still in High School, so this is beyond the statute of limitations) he'd gotten his hands on a small stash of fireworks, and decided to set them off in the back, backyard behind his house for the 4th. (The back third of the property was left wooded, it's a strip of green behind the entire street)

What he didn't learn until much later... several of the neighbors called the cops over "someone up in the woods" setting them off. So the cops, knowing the layout, started approaching -- some from one end, some from the other. They hoped that one group or the other would catch the "perp" in the act.

Well, their place is around the middle. So after he was done, he simply went back down the hill and went inside. A few (and I do mean a few) moments later, the cops converged... but since they hadn't caught him in the act, they couldn't prove that he was the one setting them off!

He never did it again. At least, not that he owns up to...

K7SGJ
08-01-2016, 04:51 PM

Sorry, I didn't think they would be visible or in hearing distance that far away. Besides, it was only 12:00 here.