PDA

View Full Version : Some original music...

KD8TUT
07-27-2016, 04:14 AM
Though I retired from professional music many years ago- I still write. Hopefully some of you may like this:

https://soundcloud.com/michael-cozzi-2/flyte (https://soundcloud.com/michael-cozzi-2/flyte)

WZ7U
07-27-2016, 03:11 PM
I'm not even through listening to your composition and I must say Bravo! A very nice, relaxing piece for my rather effed up day today. Thank you sir!

kb2vxa
07-27-2016, 03:57 PM
You still play well too, like! Do I detect some bell notes in there or are my ears ringing?

KD8TUT
07-27-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm not even through listening to your composition and I must say Bravo! A very nice, relaxing piece for my rather effed up day today. Thank you sir!

KD8TUT
07-27-2016, 08:30 PM
You still play well too, like! Do I detect some bell notes in there or are my ears ringing?

Thanks!

Yes... lots of false harmonics. Although I have written some other music which *will* make your ears ring :)

NA4BH
07-27-2016, 11:26 PM
Very nice. Alan Parson-ish. I like Alan parson stuff.

KD8TUT
07-28-2016, 02:46 AM
Very nice. Alan Parson-ish. I like Alan parson stuff.

He was a pretty intense musician. Also was a recording engineer for the Beatles and Pink Floyd.

I'll take the compliment :)

HUGH
07-28-2016, 06:04 AM
Thank you.

WØTKX
07-28-2016, 09:02 AM
:agree:

n0km
07-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing!

KG4CGC
07-29-2016, 10:35 AM
Thank you. Never had a lesson in your life either. At least that's what I'm going to tell people.

KD8TUT
07-29-2016, 11:53 AM
Thank you. Never had a lesson in your life either. At least that's what I'm going to tell people.

Just started playing last week.

NA4BH
07-29-2016, 09:28 PM
He was a pretty intense musician. Also was a recording engineer for the Beatles and Pink Floyd.

I'll take the compliment :)

It was meant as a compliment, I like that type of music. Post more.

KD8TUT
07-30-2016, 02:17 AM
It was meant as a compliment, I like that type of music. Post more.

I do not have a singular musical style... so I've written a lot of everything :)

Here's some squatting neo new-age blues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyDxlKCRFlk

kb2vxa
07-31-2016, 05:34 PM
If you want to make my ears ring go ahead, I'll just turn the volume control down. (;->) FIY the computer lovingly named Godzilla Jr. is where now 3 of your songs reside in my Amateur Radio/Audio-Video subfolder, it's the heart of my home entertainment system. Good song, unfortunately not so good recording with what sounds like blower noise in the background. Hey, there are all sorts of Misfits here and it's nice to know we have such an accomplished writer/musician among us. Unfortunately the accomplished recording engineer left us some time ago, I miss the guy with bananas in his ears. Bananas in his ears, he must have recorded some of that stuff you threatened me with. (;->) Hmmm, I wonder how that New Age Blues would sound on a Gibson Dobro Hound Dog.

KD8TUT
08-08-2016, 09:37 PM
If you want to make my ears ring go ahead, I'll just turn the volume control down. (;->) FIY the computer lovingly named Godzilla Jr. is where now 3 of your songs reside in my Amateur Radio/Audio-Video subfolder, it's the heart of my home entertainment system. Good song, unfortunately not so good recording with what sounds like blower noise in the background. Hey, there are all sorts of Misfits here and it's nice to know we have such an accomplished writer/musician among us. Unfortunately the accomplished recording engineer left us some time ago, I miss the guy with bananas in his ears. Bananas in his ears, he must have recorded some of that stuff you threatened me with. (;->) Hmmm, I wonder how that New Age Blues would sound on a Gibson Dobro Hound Dog.

Sorry about that- I do not have a good recording environment here in the shack. Fan noise is my natural environment :)

kb2vxa
08-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Neither did Les Paul until he finished his studio, he started with just a room with his amp, a Berlant Concertone tape deck and mic. I only found that out yesterday, my detective work began when I spotted a Concertone 800 portable recorder in the Toho 1965 movie Monster Zero (American title). I like Japanese rubber monsters, am collecting Godzilla movies and I had a Concertone 20/20 deck around the time the movie escaped. Now I know he used the Concertone to produce that shimmering echo in his Robert Hall clothing store commercial, the same way I did when Powzap Productions recording at Bustaneardrum Sound Studios made the infamous Mysteron tape on the Concertone 20/20. (Long story you don't want to know.)