PDA

View Full Version : How Cool Is This?

W3WN
07-06-2016, 01:11 PM
So, about 9:30 this morning, the Executive Administrative Assistant for one of the owners is walking around. Comes into IT and asks each of us "are you a hockey fan?"

Turns out that the company got 14 of these... and the owners decided to pass them around to the troops first.

So I call Little Miss Field Day at home. She answers with a very groggy/grumpy "Hello?"
"Good morning. Are you awake yet?"
"Dad! I just woke up! Why are you calling?" (She does get a little grumpy when she's woken out of a sound sleep)

So I tell her. "How'd you like your picture taken with the Stanley Cup today? I just got a ticket for it.'

THAT was more effective that coffee. "WHAT?" She suddenly wasn't so groggy!

A little over 2 hours later...

Her brother, who's a Season Ticket Holder, is jealous. HIS ticket is slotted for Friday night!

LMFD also told me that a friend of hers is jealous because she got her picture taken before him. I just told her to tell him "tough sh... noogies, YOU have connections!"

NQ6U
07-06-2016, 05:02 PM
I thought this was the Stanley Cup…

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjE5WDU5Nw==/z/VqcAAOSw2GlXGQVM/$_1.JPG

n6hcm
07-07-2016, 03:39 AM
nicely done!

W3WN
07-07-2016, 07:56 AM
nicely done!
Thanks. Definitely made LMFD's day, she had a big smile on her face all evening.

The photo (the original that this was cropped from) was taken by the Penguins and emailed to her... took about an hour before she forwarded it to me, and it was sent to her home computer, so it may have been faster. There were signs at the end of the line, at Consol Energy Center, that no one was allowed "for copyright reasons" to use their own phone or camera. (Everyone was handed a box to put their stuff in, and given the box back after the photo was taken) And... no babies in the Cup.

She did get pictures of some of the other trophies, while waiting in line (her wait was about 45 minutes, I'm sure it was longer later in the day). Not the GM of the Year one, though; she said it looked 'boring'.

I did have a few people ask me why I didn't go with her (and I could have gotten a second ticket). To be honest... I've had my picture taken with the Cup before. She hadn't. [ And that isn't really the championship trophy I want to have a picture with ]

W7XF
07-22-2016, 12:55 PM
I thought this was the Stanley Cup…

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjE5WDU5Nw==/z/VqcAAOSw2GlXGQVM/$_1.JPG

Wrong Stanley.

KK4AMI
07-22-2016, 02:10 PM
I did have a few people ask me why I didn't go with her (and I could have gotten a second ticket). To be honest... I've had my picture taken with the Cup before. She hadn't. [ And that isn't really the championship trophy I want to have a picture with ]

HA! Do you see the T-shirt your daughter is wearing, I'll bet she wasn't alive for that. I'll also bet we won't be alive for the next one. :)

W3WN
07-23-2016, 11:13 AM
HA! Do you see the T-shirt your daughter is wearing, I'll bet she wasn't alive for that. I'll also bet we won't be alive for the next one. :)
Of course I did. I bought it for her. One for The Boss as well, who WAS alive and well in 1979 and cheering on the Pirates. [ Not me, I wasn't in Pittsburgh yet ]. You can buy one today, in fact; they have plenty in stock at the Pirate Clubhouse, saw them hanging up last night while I was waiting for LMFD to punch out.

Now about the second comment... We shall see. We shall see.