PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the family

KB3LAZ
06-20-2016, 01:52 PM
So I got Pili a late birthday present three days ago, I had to look for what she wanted so it took awhile.

This is Pili with Luna our new puppy. She is an eight week old border collie. She sure is smart as a whip too, Pili taught her how to sit and lay down today and it only took a few tries for each and now she does it automatically! I forgot what it was like to raise a puppy though as it has been a few years. She wakes us up at about 3am to go outside which is a good thing but then I can not seem to get back to sleep, lol.

Now she sure is a cute lovable puppy especially for Pili as it is her first dog. She has one blue eye and one brown eye so she can give you a creepy stare.

We are done for a bit because I am sinking about a grand into our chicken coop/run but we want to get some milk goats in the future but that might have to wait until next season.

NQ6U
06-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Awwww…

And she looks just like her father, too.

W3WN
06-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Awwww…

And she looks just like her father, too.Luna? Or Pili?

[ :twisted: JUST kidding, but I had to say it, it was a compulsion ]

Congrats on the puppy. LucyFurr will want to meet her!

K7SGJ
06-20-2016, 05:27 PM
She is really cute. So is Luna.

NA4BH
06-20-2016, 07:03 PM
Keep an eye on her so she doesn't get any Luna ticks. Nice looking puppy.

NQ6U
06-20-2016, 07:33 PM
Keep an eye on her so she doesn't get any Luna ticks.

Keeping her off The Island should help with that.

KK4AMI
06-20-2016, 08:28 PM
Keep an eye on her so she doesn't get any Luna ticks. Nice looking puppy.

The Lunatic can only be found on the grass, er at least according to Pink Floyd.

KG4CGC
06-20-2016, 10:49 PM
Border Collies are among the smartest dogs I've ever met if not THE smartest. Some seem to have the uncanny ability to read minds. Swear to Odin.

koØm
06-20-2016, 11:07 PM
Border Collies are among the smartest dogs I've ever met if not THE smartest. Some seem to have the uncanny ability to read minds. Swear to Odin.

Yup, their working dogs, they have a lot of energy and need to be busy or entertained; they are not apartment dogs!

NQ6U
06-20-2016, 11:29 PM

Agreed. The only negative thing I can think to say about them is that they've been bred as shepherds for so long that they get a little crazy if they can't find something to herd. They've been known to try to herd children and other pets.

K7SGJ
06-21-2016, 07:28 AM
Yup, their working dogs, they have a lot of energy and need to be busy or entertained; they are not apartment dogs!

I saw a documentary on Border Collies. They showed some pictures of dogs playing poker, and others of them playing hockey. I guess that helps keep them occupied.

And here is one of a Border Collie, a Bulldog, and a Pitbull flying formation in F4U Corsairs. I know it's hard to see in the cockpits, but Driveby Bob is the one that shot the photo and swears to the Pope it really happened. He said this is how "Pit" Bulls got their name. It was shortened from CockPit Bull because everyone was making COCKpit jokes.

KG4CGC
06-21-2016, 02:26 PM
RAT! I know a Cock n Bull story when I read one!

W3WN
06-21-2016, 02:34 PM
The Lunatic can only be found on the grass, er at least according to Pink Floyd.Or currently wrestling in the WWE.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2647298-dean-ambrose-heel-turn-makes-him-more-effective-wwe-champ-following-cash-in

WØTKX
06-21-2016, 02:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f51On-OQbqQ

ad4mg
06-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Cute puppy, Travis! I always take a lot of pictures of our companions as they grow up. I guess I need to update Penny's picture in my avatar, she's 2-1/2 now, was just about a year ago when I took that picture.

Enjoy the puppy, she'll be a full grown eating machine all too soon!

KB3LAZ
06-22-2016, 02:29 PM
It has been an interesting ride thus far. We did not have to potty train her, she wakes us up to go out and she has a large cage that we put a bed in for when we go away which she will not potty in either but rather waits for us to get home. She learned to sit on command on day three after only a few minutes of training and she discovered fetch on her own. However, like all puppies she likes to chew but we seem to have at least averted her attention with one of those boiled cow bones from the pet store. She has not stopped chewing it for hours!

On to the oddities. She has yet to bark...odd for me. Also, from my understanding this breed of dog is like bottled lightning but she seems to be quite lazy. She would much rather lay in the yard chewing a stick than run around. My German Shepard would run and run until she had to take a nap when she was a puppy. Individual personalities I guess. Not that either of these things are bad and I am sure she is able to bark, we will see.