PDA

View Full Version : For All You 'Rasslin Fans Out There...

W3WN
06-18-2016, 12:57 PM
This morning was the final Spring game for the Miracle League of the South Hills.

(Miracle League, for those who don't know, is a program to bring baseball to children and people with handicaps or special needs, who could not otherwise play the game. The Boss & Little Miss Field Day have both been involved with it for the last 7 years, since the program came to the area, and with MLSH since it opened around the corner from us 4 years ago)

The Boss asked me to come and snap some pictures during the 'medal ceremonies' at the end of the game.

Turns out we had a guest 'Buddy' waiting for us on arrival... former Olympic Gold Medalist & WWF Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle.

Kurt posed for pictures with the kids...

And was even convinced to go out and pitch an inning... both halves of the inning, as it turned out (each member of the team gets an at bat.)

He then helped out handing medals to all the kids (sorry, no pics, they're on the Boss's phone, not my camera... maybe later after I get them downloaded)

He did post for a shot with The Boss & LMFD, after the last team member got his medal...

As we were leaving (our game was the first one of the day, next game was coming in), Kurt was still posing for pictures and signing autographs. Very gracious person. LMFD helped out a little, handing him a Sharpie or helping the kids to hand him something to sign. So when he had a break, he asked her if she wanted one with him. LMFD being a WWE and TNA groupie wannabe, of course...

Now the best part is... for a variety of reasons, the family Father's Day dinner will be tonight. My son and his family will be there (even though he's feuding with my mother-in-law right now, and she's mad as heck because he's right, she's wrong, and she won't admit it... never mind). He was a big Kurt Angle fan back in the day.

So first, LMFD is giving him a copy of the above picture. THEN she's going to give him the autograph (to him by name) from Kurt that she got for him. This will be fun to watch...

KK4AMI
06-18-2016, 02:00 PM
Cute pictures. Mr Angle has that classic Hollywood super villain head shape. I 'm surprised Hollywood hasn't drafted him by now. I guess I know why they call it the Miracle League. It's a miracle they could wear NYY uniforms in the Southside of Pittsburgh and survive! :)

PS - Solve the family dispute by letting MIL give her son the picture. That will let everybody forget what the argument was about. That's how my wife does it when she thinks I might be right, she changes the subject.

WZ7U
06-19-2016, 12:16 AM
Some families get to have all the fun

KG4CGC
06-19-2016, 10:47 AM
:):-D:rock:

W3WN
06-19-2016, 07:09 PM
< snip >
PS - Solve the family dispute by letting MIL give her son the picture. That will let everybody forget what the argument was about. That's how my wife does it when she thinks I might be right, she changes the subject.
Ah, actually, that's her grandson... But I know what you meant.

When LMFD first told Bud about what happened, he was a little jealous. When he saw the picture, he was very jealous. When he saw the autograph, which he only glanced at at first, he was extremely jealous, but gracious. Then LMFD told him to take another look at the autograph, and notice it was made out specifically to him... he went from jealous to thrilled. So, mission accomplished!