PDA

View Full Version : Barnum Was Right!

W3WN
06-08-2016, 07:21 AM
[ And yes, I know he didn't actually say "A sucker is born every minute", a newspaper reporter or editor coined the phrase and attributed it to him ]

I don't know if this website is serious, satirical, or if they're laughing (at their customers) all the way to the bank...

EMF Shielding Clothing: http://www.lessemf.com/personal.ntml

The "Radiation Blocking Headband" and "Brain Coat" are one ting... but the "Upper Body Shield"?? Priceless! :clap:

But if they're for real... which I doubt... how can they offer EMF shielded briefs for gentlemen, but not offer similar panties & brassieres for the ladies? Or has Victoria's Secret scooped them on that, to say nothing of Fredrick's of Hollywood.

K4PIH
06-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Very Interesting! They are on the GSA list of vendors.

W3WN
06-08-2016, 09:52 AM
They appear to be a legit vendor, or so I am told.

But some of the items on that page... Upper Body Shield? Really?

HUGH
06-08-2016, 02:19 PM

This looks the part for women but the wearer would have to avoid dc electric motors etc and would probably upset magnetic compasses. Chain mail could be more comfortable but searching for this on the internet could lead you astray!

NA4BH
06-08-2016, 06:08 PM
Is that thing on the right for a two pecker billygoat?

koØm
06-17-2016, 03:29 PM
[ And yes, I know he didn't actually say "A sucker is born every minute", a newspaper reporter or editor coined the phrase and attributed it to him ]

I don't know if this website is serious, satirical, or if they're laughing (at their customers) all the way to the bank...

EMF Shielding Clothing: http://www.lessemf.com/personal.ntml

The "Radiation Blocking Headband" and "Brain Coat" are one ting... but the "Upper Body Shield"?? Priceless! :clap:

But if they're for real... which I doubt... how can they offer EMF shielded briefs for gentlemen, but not offer similar panties & brassieres for the ladies? Or has Victoria's Secret scooped them on that, to say nothing of Fredrick's of Hollywood.

A little OT but still fits in the "Sucker born every minute" column, my name is on a Tele-marketing list somewhere and I continuously receive solicitation calls from "Susan G. Komen-Race for Breast Cancer Cure" and, other Breast Cancer related organizations; they always try to play the "Sympathy for the ladies" card when asking for donations.

I have a "Boiler Plate" response, "Ma'am, you all have my sympathy but, I can't help you out, however if you form an organization to find a cure for men's Prostate Cancer call me back. Have a nice day, Goodbye."

kb2vxa
06-17-2016, 06:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urglg3WimHA

W3WN
06-17-2016, 07:52 PM
A little OT but still fits in the "Sucker born every minute" column, my name is on a Tele-marketing list somewhere and I continuously receive solicitation calls from "Susan G. Komen-Race for Breast Cancer Cure" and, other Breast Cancer related organizations; they always try to play the "Sympathy for the ladies" card when asking for donations.

I have a "Boiler Plate" response, "Ma'am, you all have my sympathy but, I can't help you out, however if you form an organization to find a cure for men's Prostate Cancer call me back. Have a nice day, Goodbye."
I don't let them start the spiel, or get too far into it. I cut them off, inform the we are on the Do Not Call list for a reason, please remove us from their list(s) immediately, and please do not call back. The legit outfits acknowledge and comply. The shaky ones argue about the DNC list. The shady or illegitimate ones hang up as soon as I start, so that they technically never hear the words "do not call back".

VE7MGF
06-17-2016, 09:14 PM
i have found that if i inform them i have an old 286 computer with telex installed
i will fire it up and get it to phone them over and over all day long with a 3 second call
they remove my number very quickly
this only works with local numbers
yes i am an asshole

PA5COR
06-18-2016, 04:07 AM
I'm on the don't call me register what is very effective here in the netherlands, fines are quite high if someone decides to call anyway....