PDA

View Full Version : Punctualityk

W3WN
05-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Little Miss Field Day got an email this morning informing her that she was needed as an Extra for one of the movies bring shot in Pittsburgh this spring & summer. (Yay!)

Only catch was that they needed to fit her for her costume. Today. 5:30 PM. Which is why I am sitting in a parking lot waiting for her, while typing (badly) on my iPad.

We left the house at 4:40, even though I figured on a half hour drive. We had to drive THROUGH downtown during rush hour. Now, she was told to be punctual -- not late, not early. So LMFD was convinced that we left too soon.

You guessed it. We couldn't find the place at first. Turned left instead of right; missed a sign because of a bus letting people off. Fortunately, got turned around in time, got her there with 7 minutes to spare.

I just hope I'm now parked in the right lot... Some valet from a restaurant keeps parking cars around me, but hasn't said anything yet...

Interestingly, this lot (at the north end of the Strip District, at the edge of Lawrenceville -- about a block away from the old Pittsburgh Brewing (Iron City) brewery) is nestled between the old PRR main line from Harrisburg to Chicago (half of which is now a busway) and an active spur. Trestle over the driveway has a "CSX No Trespassing" sign. Wonder if anything is going to come through while I'm here?