PDA

View Full Version : Severe WX outbreak expected from N. Texas - Nebraska on Tuesday

KØWVM
04-25-2016, 03:12 PM
If any of you live, or have other friends/family in the affected area, it might be a good idea to let them know that they may want to be prepared. The worst is forecasted to strike Okie, Kansas and Southern Nebraska. It's been making national news most of today.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk.html

NQ6U
04-25-2016, 03:17 PM
It's all because of the Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage, you know.

kb2vxa
04-25-2016, 04:53 PM
Yeah, they better keep a weather eye out as we say here, it's storm shelter time. We'll have to get Pat Robertson to pray it away just like he did the hurricane that unfortunately missed Virginia Beach and failed to wash his sorry ass away. That having been said, the Green Finger Of Rain explains why I'll get stormy weather starting tonight through tomorrow night.

WZ7U
04-26-2016, 02:12 PM
Craziness that is fast becoming the norm. Funny, here's weather where my peeps are

NQ6U
04-26-2016, 02:32 PM
I heard on the radio that there could be "baseball-sized hail" in the midwest today.

N8YX
04-26-2016, 02:32 PM
Red box just went up for eastern Kansas. Further southwest, this setup looks to be capable of spawning supercells with giant (> 4" dia) hail. ML CAPE is in excess of 4000 in some areas and with the lack of bulk shear, hail (rather than tubes) looks to be the primary threat.

N8YX
04-26-2016, 02:43 PM
PDS red box now up for the central 2/3 of OK and north central TX. Storm initiation underway from Witchita, KS to a little north of Clinton, OK. All risk categories (large hail/SigTor) considered High with this one.

KØWVM
04-27-2016, 07:22 AM
Seemed to me as if it didn't get as bad as they forecasted... but, we're only seeing the beginning of severe wx season. So if trends go as they have gone, we haven't seen anything yet with May right around the corner.

W5BRM
04-27-2016, 08:50 AM
I got lucky. Spent monday at OKC. Left there heading to Pheonix AZ about 2h before those storms cranked up. I gotta call the xyl to see if anything happened at home (90m ssw of OKC). She didnt call last night so im hoping there were no issues.

N8YX
04-27-2016, 12:15 PM
I got lucky. Spent monday at OKC. Left there heading to Pheonix AZ about 2h before those storms cranked up. I gotta call the xyl to see if anything happened at home (90m ssw of OKC). She didnt call last night so im hoping there were no issues.

There are a number of people in that area without power, but I haven't heard of any widespread damage or fatalities from the system.

W2NAP
04-27-2016, 06:18 PM
I know when I left Indiana at 2pm yesterday it was 71F when I got to New Wilmington,PA at 8pm it was 46F

I no like PA.

KØWVM
04-28-2016, 07:52 AM
They had a decent sized funnel form over W and NW Omaha yesterday. Some of those affected areas I have been in and around countless times. Interesting to watch it on video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcS9J3Vcf0c

kb2vxa
04-29-2016, 06:12 AM
That one never formed, then it dissipated thank goodness. Just to bring you up to speed on that green finger I mentioned, it arrived a day late. Forget about global warming, rising se levels, climate change and all that nonsense, since they can't predict tomorrow's weather it's a sure bet they have no idea what will be years from now.

It looks like summer will be late this year and like the past two it will be a cool one. Spring has yet to arrive, twice now we've had two warm days, then back to cold and damp for a few weeks. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind, I'm getting tired of her shit.

W7XF
05-08-2016, 11:53 PM
It's all because of the Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage, you know.

I hereby RESEMBLE that remark... :yes:

WZ7U
05-09-2016, 12:17 AM
You look like the supreme court?

NQ6U
05-09-2016, 09:29 AM
You look like the supreme court?

I hope Kevin doesn't look like Antonin Scalia. Better he look like Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

WZ7U
05-09-2016, 09:58 AM
I hope Kevin doesn't look like Antonin Scalia. Better he look like Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

:-0 :=[] :-(} :-{} ;-)