PDA

View Full Version : Sir George Martin, 1926-2016

NQ6U
03-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Sir George Martin, the genius recording engineer behind the Beatles, died yesterday. He was 90 years old. RIP, Sir George, and thanks for all the music.

kb2vxa
03-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Let's rephrase that; goodbye Sir George and thanks for all the music. You must have forgotten The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy and the dolphins, "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish." (;->)

Incidentally, there's so much Beatles music and about Beatles music you don't know and I didn't know until I built my enormous library of their music. Now I have much of the rare and obscure early German club recordings, various demos, works in progress and various studio items that were never published until now. They're most unusual so you'll only find them in the most unusual places, but don't look in the dusty corners of your local music store, all you'll find is dust. Now where does that leave you? Cummon, you can't be so dumb you can't figure it out. (;->)

K7SGJ
03-11-2016, 10:28 AM
He was often called "The Fifth Beatle".

RIP

NQ6U
03-11-2016, 01:08 PM
He was often called "The Fifth Beatle".

I thought The Fifth Beatle was Charlie Manson...

K7SGJ
03-11-2016, 05:53 PM
I thought The Fifth Beatle was Charlie Manson...

No, I believe that was Charlie Chan...... (you little Lotus Blossom))

kb2vxa
03-12-2016, 07:49 AM
If you lived in the New York radio market at the time you know both "Cousin" Bruce Morrow of WABC and Murray "The K" Kaufman of WINS claimed that honor. Aside from Cousin Gruesome nauseating me I preferred Murry The K and his submarine race watching to the WMCA Good Guys. Frankly I pity those who don't understand submarine race watching, the movie The 40 Year Old Virgin may give you a clue.