PDA

View Full Version : QSLs

W3WN
02-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Since trading in a semi-rare prefix for a more mundane 1x2, I've gotten used to going from being a little bit in demand by prefix hunters to pretty much not at all.

So when I received an email from a German ham the other day, informing me that he'd sent me a QSL via the buro, and asking for one in return, I didn't think too much of it.

I've now had about a dozen requests like this, all from Europe, over the last couple of days.

Just seems a bit... unusual.

Anyone know of anything that's going on? Or is this just an amazing coincidence?

KG4CGC
02-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Since trading in a semi-rare prefix for a more mundane 1x2, I've gotten used to going from being a little bit in demand by prefix hunters to pretty much not at all.

So when I received an email from a German ham the other day, informing me that he'd sent me a QSL via the buro, and asking for one in return, I didn't think too much of it.

I've now had about a dozen requests like this, all from Europe, over the last couple of days.

Just seems a bit... unusual.

Anyone know of anything that's going on? Or is this just an amazing coincidence?

There is a resurgence in all things science in Germany and it's spreading across the UK. It's like when we here used to see continuing education PSAs back in the day.

KK4AMI
02-11-2016, 10:14 PM
What might W3WN mean to the Germans?
www. WN. com ... er something?