PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to K3AIR

W3WN
01-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Just had lunch with my friend (and lawyer) Mike K3AIR.

Mike informed me that he has been nominated to the Bar of the Supreme Court. He gets sworn in end of next month, which includes a private session with all of the Justices of the Supreme Court.

Once he's sworn in, this means he is permitted to argue a case before the Supreme Court.

He's pretty stoked about it, as you can well imagine! It's an honor that very few attorneys ever obtain.

Amongst other things (like being high up, so to speak, in the Civil Air Patrol in Pa, his being an Air Force vet), Mike is the Volunteer Counsel for WPa. He's an expert on antenna rules & regulations and has pulled off a few miracles in helping WPa hams put up and/or keep up antennas.

Just thought you guys would like to hear some GOOD news for a change of pace.

(Now if he'd told me before or during lunch, I wouldn't have let him pay! I'll just have to make it up to him the next time!)

PA5COR
01-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Good news is always positive ;)

KG4CGC
01-27-2016, 09:14 PM
Congrats. Pass it on.

kb2vxa
01-28-2016, 06:44 AM
"It's an honor that very few attorneys ever obtain."
The fewer attorneys on the Bar the fewer cases they have to hear and more time they have to play golf. (;->) Seriously, (Who, ME?) kudos is right, more kudos for helping hams with antenna problems even if he doesn't climb towers.