PDA

View Full Version : When did "banned" start at QRZ.com?

wa8mea
01-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Problem at QRZ solved.

N8YX
01-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Use QTH, Eham and eBay to list and buy items. QRZ's photo verification bit has become tiresome and does nothing to deter the true scammers.

WØTKX
01-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Well just being here means you're a misfit. However, the killah hamsters don't last here. Banning is usually not required, they leave because of fallacies resulting in ego injury. :mrgreen:

VE7DCW
01-05-2016, 03:49 AM
Well just being here means you're a misfit. However, the killah hamsters don't last here. Banning is usually not required, they leave because of fallacies resulting in ego injury. :mrgreen:

Dave........does the same thing apply to W4AMP? :mrgreen:

WØTKX
01-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Oferfucks sake. Go play with Kooky Karol. :doh:

N8YX
01-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Oferfucks sake. Go play with Kooky Karol. :doh:

This, and we don't attack previously banned members who have no way to defend themselves.

KJ3N
01-05-2016, 09:34 AM
This, and we don't attack previously banned members who have no way to defend themselves.

Even if they're pretty much indefensible? :stickpoke: :snicker:

kb2crk
01-05-2016, 10:59 AM
I was given a couple of time outs over there but I go there so rarely now it really does not matter. Too much BS and not enough good info.

KG4CGC
01-05-2016, 11:12 AM
It's like QRZ has become the 14.313/7200 of the internet. The internet beacon of amateur radio (attracting every loon).

NQ6U
01-05-2016, 11:26 AM
It's like QRZ has become the 14.313/7200 of the internet. The internet beacon of amateur radio (attracting every loon).

And yet, as hard as it may be to believe, eHam is much worse.

N8YX
01-05-2016, 11:40 AM
And yet, as hard as it may be to believe, eHam is much worse.

You are correct.

WØTKX
01-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Yea, the Dishtronix announcement regarding Ten Tec is causing a mild (so far) freak out.

NQ6U
01-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Yea, the Dishtronix announcement regarding Ten Tec is causing a mild (so far) freak out.

Of course. They're asking hams to actually pay for something.

N8YX
01-05-2016, 12:53 PM

Clif, 'IPF is spot-on with his comments. If they think they're going to price repairs as was suggested...let's just say the aftermarket will rise to the occasion and choke another stream of potential revenue, particularly where gear more than a couple of years out of production is concerned.

Should an enterprising individual get ahold of the molds used to produce the various custom cosmetics parts which seem to break (bar-style knobs, end caps and so forth) or if said individual comes up with a source for difficult or impossible-to-obtain components used in the older product lines, he or she is going to make a bit of money for their troubles. Most users of Ten-Tec's legacy equipment are at least as diehard (if not moreso) than the Drake Gang. Running the two lines side-by-side, it's pretty easy to see why. There are a few folks making slow but steady money from parts and service offerings for the 7-line gear among others.

W3WN
01-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Dave........does the same thing apply to W4AMP? :mrgreen:The man said "usually"

Some people go out of their way to invite the wielding of the banhammer. And then tell their friends psychophants all about it, as if it were a badge of honor.

W3WN
01-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Yeah.

Some of these turdkeys remind me of my Aunt.

She's the type of person who would give you two neckties for your birthday, and encourage you to try them on. No matter which one you picked first, she'd respond with "what? you don't like the other one?" (I know it's an old joke, in her case though, it's also true!)

N2CHX
01-05-2016, 02:38 PM
I've been banned from QRZ since ~2008. I was a member since ~2000. I consider being banned from QRZ to be an honorable thing. If this is the Island of misfits, QRZ is the Garbage Patch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_garbage_patch) of ham radio.

WØTKX
01-05-2016, 06:21 PM
OP sez problem solved. Deleted all cookies, bookmarks, and disavowed of any knowledge Mr. Phelps? :mrgreen:

KG4NEL
01-11-2016, 12:47 AM
Clif, 'IPF is spot-on with his comments. If they think they're going to price repairs as was suggested...let's just say the aftermarket will rise to the occasion and choke another stream of potential revenue, particularly where gear more than a couple of years out of production is concerned.

Should an enterprising individual get ahold of the molds used to produce the various custom cosmetics parts which seem to break (bar-style knobs, end caps and so forth) or if said individual comes up with a source for difficult or impossible-to-obtain components used in the older product lines, he or she is going to make a bit of money for their troubles. Most users of Ten-Tec's legacy equipment are at least as diehard (if not moreso) than the Drake Gang. Running the two lines side-by-side, it's pretty easy to see why. There are a few folks making slow but steady money from parts and service offerings for the 7-line gear among others.

Wonder if that kind of stuff - at least the plastic parts - can be 3D-printed.

KG4NEL
01-11-2016, 12:47 AM

That isn't a buffet.

N8YX
01-11-2016, 07:28 AM
Wonder if that kind of stuff - at least the plastic parts - can be 3D-printed.
I'm looking into this. Reproduction end caps would be the easiest to make. The knobs - especially those which feature metal inserts and bushings - will be a bit more labor intensive to recreate.

WØTKX
01-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Just mave them without the inserts, and apply an orange dot in the center. ;)