PDA

View Full Version : Pitts. Pirates move to Indianapolis

W2NAP
11-22-2015, 02:49 AM
At least for 1 game.
http://fox59.com/2015/11/18/victory-field-to-host-mlb-exhibition-game-between-pittsburgh-pirates-and-cincinnati-reds/

already sold out.

game will be Apr. 2,2016

W3WN
11-22-2015, 12:23 PM
It's an exhibition game. And Indianapolis hosts the Pirates AAA team, so it's going to be a nice showcase for a lot of the prospects.

Actually, thanks to ESPN, that game is going to prove a little challenging from a logistics standpoint. The Pirates were supposed to have the 3rd off, with the home opener on Monday the 4th. ESPN has had MLB move the home opener to Sunday, and it will be the first game of the 2016 MLB season.

Personally, I always like the tradition of the oldest MLB team, the Reds, playing in if not hosting the inaugural game of the season, but $$$$$$ trumps tradition these days.

NQ6U
11-22-2015, 01:12 PM
In other baseball news, the City of San Diego trades the Padres to Indianapolis for fifty bucks and a team to be named later.

W2NAP
11-22-2015, 03:36 PM
It's an exhibition game. And Indianapolis hosts the Pirates AAA team, so it's going to be a nice showcase for a lot of the prospects.

Actually, thanks to ESPN, that game is going to prove a little challenging from a logistics standpoint. The Pirates were supposed to have the 3rd off, with the home opener on Monday the 4th. ESPN has had MLB move the home opener to Sunday, and it will be the first game of the 2016 MLB season.

Personally, I always like the tradition of the oldest MLB team, the Reds, playing in if not hosting the inaugural game of the season, but $$$$$$ trumps tradition these days.

question is did you get tickets for Indy? its only a short road trip

W3WN
11-22-2015, 05:04 PM
question is did you get tickets for Indy? its only a short road trip
Nah, we'll wait.

The only exhibition game we went to was the first game held at PNC Park, the Saturday before the official opener.

W2NAP
11-22-2015, 09:19 PM
had I known about this a little before, I may have tried to get tickets.