PDA

View Full Version : terror attack in France over 100 dead

W2NAP
11-13-2015, 10:49 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-terror-attacks-timeline-what-6830455#ICID=sharebar_twitter

At least 140 people were dead tonight after a series of coordinated terrorist attacks across Paris.

NQ6U
11-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Heard about this. I'm not sure exactly why, but it especially pisses me off when the French get hit. Fucking religious wacko bastards; like I even needed any further reason to dislike and distrust True Believers of any stripe. Eric Hoffer hit the nail on the head.

W2NAP
11-14-2015, 02:04 AM
I heard the death toll is up past 160.

KB3LAZ
11-14-2015, 06:09 AM
Last night I was watching the news as this was unfolding. At that time the report was 152 dead but this morning the official report says 127 dead 118 injured and 8 attackers dead. Aside from those numbers and other countries pledging to aid France, our news networks are not saying much.

KK4AMI
11-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Oh yah! Now Germany is reporting they did a routine traffic stop and caught a 51 year old man hauling assault weapons. They think now, maybe he might have been involved with the Paris attackers. I hope those guys are sharing their intelligence. The French really seem to have been caught with their pants down.

PA5COR
11-14-2015, 07:18 AM
All European police are in direct contact with each other be it through Interpol, be it on Europeaan direct basis.
Bush had more warnings ( plural) enough for 9/11 but was caught with his pants down as well.
In fact Europe has seen more terrorist attacks and victims as the USA has seen where rightwing terrorism is rampant, something to pander about....
Without totally disrupting daily life the simple fact is you cannot prevent all terrorist attacks, rooting out the terrorists at their home base might be the only solution.
Till then we live in a society where these things will happen and will happen again, my thoughts and sympathy go to the victims and their families.
I've been in France on dozens of holidays been to Paris and love the country and people.
I feel the same as it had happened here in my country.

KK4AMI
11-14-2015, 07:59 AM
I'm sorry COR, I know the French Police did their best to stop it. In fact, I'll bet the Security stationed outside the soccer stadium gave their lives to keep the suicide bombers outside of the stadium. My hat is off to their heroism. As far as sharing intelligence goes, I still question if that worked correctly, because I know how our law enforcement has troubles between States and even counties within a state.

suddenseer
11-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Read my sig line.

PA5COR
11-14-2015, 01:31 PM
128 dead, 360+ mostly severely wounded.
In Belgium police arrested several people in Molenbeek when they searched houses, the first attacker identified, 8 other attacks were prevented.
Armed Frenchmen arrested In the UK at Gatwick airport.
With the UK the Dutch have been the most active flying bomb raids in Syria and Iraq so I expect we are on the list as well for terror attacks.
We started that on the 7th of October last year and still fly many sorties, as well have troops there aiding the Kurdish fighters against ISIS.
At least 2 USA citizens were under the wounded.

n2ize
11-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Turn the matter over to Russia and Israel. Wiithin a month there won't be an Isis or Al' Queda terrorist to worry about.

K0RGR
11-15-2015, 03:11 PM
I think the call for NATO action is a good one. This is not a multinational terrorist group that fades into the crowd after their acts of cowardice. This is an organization that has declared itself a state. We can fight a war against states. It looks like we're going to get some kind of peace agreement with Assad, which means we can be on the same side with Russia and Iran in this fight - a much better place to be. I hate to see the Assad Asshats stay in power, but defeating ISIS is a much bigger deal.

Things will probably get much worse before they start to get better.

W2NAP
11-15-2015, 03:20 PM
I think the call for NATO action is a good one. This is not a multinational terrorist group that fades into the crowd after their acts of cowardice. This is an organization that has declared itself a state. We can fight a war against states. It looks like we're going to get some kind of peace agreement with Assad, which means we can be on the same side with Russia and Iran in this fight - a much better place to be. I hate to see the Assad Asshats stay in power, but defeating ISIS is a much bigger deal.

thats the thing, want to stop groups like ISIS from getting territory like it has, well then you need the Assad's,Saddams,Gaddafi's to rule with a iron fist. remove them and well you see what happens.

W3WN
11-15-2015, 04:29 PM
ISIS wants to be a nation-state? Fine. Treat them like one. A rogue state that has declared war by committing several acts of war.

Enough is enough.

n2ize
11-15-2015, 04:40 PM

In 2 weeks of bombing efforts Russia knocked down more ISIS targets in Syria than the US & it's allies did in 2 years. We should settle our differences and work together with Russia to wipe out this threat once and for all. Forget about arming moderate rebels to fight extreme rebels. All that happens with so called "moderate rebels" is that eventually they turn the guns against you. Finally, once ISIS s knocked down we should get the heck out of the Middle East and stay out. Let them have their Sharia law in their own countries. We've been messing around there for too long and all it's done is create more and more terrorists and put everyone at risk. Let's swallow our pride, join forces with Russia and work together to wipe out these fanatics once and for all.

WØTKX
11-15-2015, 04:50 PM
^^^ Correct. And Iran wants to help. Turkey may be pushed over the edge due to NATO.

Daesh, formally known as ISIS/ISUL/IS. Extremist fucktards are extremist fucktards. (https://pietervanostaeyen.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/on-the-origin-of-the-name-daesh-the-islamic-state-in-iraq-and-as-sham/) :hand:

Thugs using religion against humanity. They are Fajarah (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajarah).

http://i2.wp.com/www.jewishpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/NIMN.jpg.jpg?w=477

I suggest Assad gets asylum in Russia, and Snowden gets asylum in Northern Europe.