PDA

View Full Version : CEPT agrees on 60 meter spectrum

PA5COR
11-03-2015, 06:53 AM
We can work 5350 - 5450 USB 100 watts CW and digital modes there now, not channelized but as secondary roam the band there.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8dm3fi62i1qajy/5%20MHz%20Newsletter.pdf

FOLLOWING
approaches by
the Dutch national amateur
radio societies of VERON and
VRZA, plus subsequent dis-
cussions with the Dutch Mili-
tary over a number of years, it
has been agreed with the
Dutch regulator,
Agentschap
Telecom ( AT ) ,
that tempo-rary
Secondary basis
in Autumn
2015, following the process
of the requisite documents
through the official system.
Obviously further details
will be available as soon as
this is ratified and active.

Ratification in National law is now done and active, and within 2 weeks A.T. will make the changes in the law active and give the section free to use.

N8YX
11-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Given the existing channelized band plans in other regions of the globe, this otter be interesting...

PA5COR
11-03-2015, 09:28 AM
We're free to use the whole band there on secondary basis, so no channelized use.
Seems most European countries will follow the recommendation and make 5350 - 5450 th 100 KHz usable without channelizing it.
Might be the push for the ARRL and RSGB to follow suit.

Will be interesting to see how the propagation and band works, I can only use the inverted L for 160 there tuned by the MFJ 998 autotuner, the OCF doesn't want to play there.
Expecting some NVIS in daytime, but at night there could be some DX possible there.

N8YX
11-03-2015, 12:10 PM
I have all 5 channels programmed in my Paragon IIs. One of the DX-SWL slopers in my antenna farm (all of which cover 60M) is aimed in your general direction, Cor. Might be possible to work you or other PAs there...I'll give a listen and see what I hear.

Are there plans in place for split-frequency DX operation?

PA5COR
11-03-2015, 12:22 PM
We can use the bands when the A.T. ( our FCC) produced the limits and regulations for us, possibly within 2 weeks time from when we can use the band.
In the former deliberations there was no restriction in split frequency use as far I read all the papers produced by the A.T.
You have 5330.5 outside our approved range, as well 5346.5 also out of our range, the other channels in the USA are within our new band edges.
For the UK channels most of them fall outside our range bar the 5 in our range.

As soon the light is green here to use the band i'll be back for a try, would be interesting and a first to work the USA on 60 meters ;)
I realize my inverted L isn't the best antenna for the job, but I have no room left for a dipole or extending my OCF, alas.
Since the Country's law was already adapted yesterday some PA's already thought they could transmit there, but the A.T. needs to give the green light first.
So, when you listen around you might hear the odd P.A. station blissfully unaware the permit is not given yet and operating there already.
Lack of communication from the A.T. is fully to blame for that, I better not go further into that, but our A.T. public workers prove they are on par with other public workers, and fumble up where possible.....

Good news just for wintertime and the sunspots diminishing ;)

NQ6U
11-03-2015, 12:33 PM
I have outgrown my G5RV junior and have been thinking about what to replace it with. A trapped 30m/60m dipole would probably fit...

N8YX
11-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Check this out, Carl. It's recommended for "receive only" but the 60M and 30M bands are close enough to the resonant points for those segments that a tuner can be used.

Put a few of them up in the air with a remote antenna switch and you'll get some directionality. I currently have one of the -S and a full sized version in the air with the apexes at 25ft. Go a little higher and they'll play well.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0799.html
(http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0799.html)

kb2vxa
11-04-2015, 04:45 PM
"Since the Country's law was already adapted yesterday some PA's already thought they could transmit there, but the A.T. needs to give the green light first."
That could produce some interesting results, here if not everywhere it's illegal to communicate with what the FCC considers unlicensed stations.
"...but I have no room left for a dipole or extending my OCF, alas."
Well Cor, there's no law that says an OCF or any dipole has to be in a straight line.

"A trapped 30m/60m dipole would probably fit..."
Just make sure everything is tight so it doesn't escape and terrorize the neighborhood.

KG4NEL
11-06-2015, 11:01 AM
I have outgrown my G5RV junior and have been thinking about what to replace it with. A trapped 30m/60m dipole would probably fit...

Balanced-wiah tunah and a doublet?

WØTKX
11-06-2015, 11:18 AM
^^^ Always a great solution. :agree: