PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Patricia

W5BRM
10-23-2015, 06:31 AM
The strongest hurricane ever recoreded. I know we have several members living in Mexico. Not sure if they are in the path of this monster but i hope not!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/hurricane-patricia-strongest-storm-ever-measured-hit-mexico-n449731

NBC News meteorologist Bill Karins warned that Patricia would be "the most devastating storm to ever hit Mexico" with "catastrophic damage" likely between Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo.

While typhoons Nancy and Violet had stronger estimated winds, Patricia was the strongest storm ever actually observed, Karins added.

At 1:30 a.m. ET, Patricia was about 185 miles south-southwest of Manzanillo, and about 270 miles south of Cabo Corrientes.

Hopin for the best! Be Safe!

N8YX
10-23-2015, 07:26 AM
I knew a Patricia once. She gave a hell of a....eeehh, nevermind...

KK4AMI
10-23-2015, 07:36 AM
Hang tight Mexico, we're rooting for you. Southwestern USA needs to get ready for a pressure wash as well.

NQ6U
10-23-2015, 09:34 AM
[...] Southwestern USA needs to get ready for a pressure wash as well.

I'll take a trip to Yuma so I can wave to Eddie as he floats down the Gila River and on into the Sea of Cortez.

K7SGJ
10-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Be careful while you're in Yuma. They throw old hams on the 3:10, and choo-choo them to the old territorial prison where they are locked up in the Wouff-Hong cell, and beat unmercifully with a nasty old rettysnitch.

XE1/N5AL
10-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Hi All,
I'm in Guadalajara right now. It's calm, cool, with overcast skies. We will probably feel the effects of the hurricane Saturday morning. We're far enough inland that the main danger to the population will probably be from heavy rains, flash floods and mudslides.

I don't know how my place on the coast, in Puerto Vallarta, will fare. It's on a mountainside, at 500 ft. above sea level, so ocean waves won't be a problem. The high winds and lots of water/mud flowing down the street are the main dangers. Infinitely more important though, is the safety of the people along this coastal area. I have many good friends who are currently living there and they are preparing for the worst. It seems that the authorities are doing a good job of warning people and getting them away from the shores, where 39 ft. waves have been predicted. Let's prey for no loss of life.

XE1/N5AL
10-23-2015, 12:56 PM
A real-time streaming webcam (you'll have to click the image to see it on YouTube):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP5Y4lISF0s

W5BRM
10-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Hopin for the best for you! Hope your place in PV makes it through

XE1/N5AL
10-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Thanks,

Everything appears to be fine in Puerto Vallarta ...just some rain. Fortunately, the hurricane passed south of the town, through an area that is mountainous and less inhabited.

Here in Guadalajara, we have been receiving a light, steady rain for much of the day. The full force of the system hasn't reached us yet. But, as it should be passing well north of the city, I don't know if we'll see anything other than some wind gusts and continuing rain.