PDA

View Full Version : 2SB1149

K7SGJ
10-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Anyone happen to have one of these lying about? No cross for it, and nothing electrically close. It is a PNP Darlington with a diode across the E and C junction. You will most likely see these used in power supply applications and power switching circuits. This one is used as a pass transistor in the remote head unit of a Kenwood TM-732 dual bander. I'd even entertain a used head unit should you have one and have no use or plans for it. I see a couple of pulls available on Ebay which is probably okay, however I am always a bit leery of pulls from unknown sources, and of course prefer unused.

I also have to replace an 80 pin IC that is soldered in and would like to do them both at the same time if possible.

Thanks in advance for rooting around in the junque box.

WØTKX
10-11-2015, 05:56 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2SB1149-Original-Pulled-NEC-Transistor-B1149-/121074127407

K7SGJ
10-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. I may resort to that, but I'll see what else I can scare up first.

N8YX
10-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Let me check the box...might have been used in a CB rig that I've disassembled.

K7SGJ
10-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Let me check the box...might have been used in a CB rig that I've disassembled.

Thanks Fred, and BTW, would you have a Pace 1121-0648-p1 you'd like to part with? It's a mini wave tip for the PS-80/90, and for fine pitch ICs. I have some 1121-0590-p1 tips, but the 0648 is also angled which I need. The few maroons on Ebay with them want way too much for a 5 pack, and as much or more additional for the shipping. Bastids. Anyway, let me know if you have one you can part with, or I can keep looking around. The other option might be if you want a few of them, we can buy a 5 pack from Technitool or somewhere with a decent price, and you can keep 3 of them and I'll keep the other 2.

N8YX
10-13-2015, 10:31 AM
I'll look and see what I have with regards to tips, Eddie.

K7SGJ
10-13-2015, 11:00 AM
I'll look and see what I have with regards to tips, Eddie.

Thanks Fred. Actually, if I can't scare one up when I do the replacement, I may just use some low temp solder paste and the ThermoJet to put it down.

K7SGJ
10-13-2015, 03:14 PM
Another thing Fred, have you been keeping up with SMD rework stations? It looks like IRDA is becoming quite popular. If I was doing a lot more rework than I do, I would entertain getting one. A $2K investment would get you an intermediate level unit that can be upgraded. Actually, like most any kind of "system", the base unit is fairly doable, it's all the add ons that get costly. By the time you get nozzles for all the popular package outlines, it is quite an investment. The first station I had was a Pace 25 that used two cameras and was a hot air system. We paid $25K used for it, used. Now, something like the Pace IR 1000, with all the buttons, whistles, and lights, are around $5000, new; and imports less than 1/4th of that. Evidently, IR is less costly to manufacture than hot air, and it heats more evenly, too. I would think with all the work out there, in all industries, pay back time would be very quick. Especially in the game console arena. They've really come a long way in the last few years.

N8YX
10-14-2015, 08:49 AM
That might explain why so many PPS-95 units are coming up for sale - cheap - on eBay these days...