PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrrrrr!

NQ6U
09-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Tomorrow be International Talk Like a Pirate Day, ye lubbers!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

KG4CGC
09-18-2015, 01:14 PM
I'd be worried about getting arrested if I decided to dress like a pirate as well and go out in public.

After all, I regularly wear a clock attached to my wrist.

W3WN
09-18-2015, 02:36 PM
I'd be worried about getting arrested if I decided to dress like a pirate as well and go out in public.

After all, I regularly wear a clock attached to my wrist.What are you worried about?

There's nothing at all wrong with dressing like a Pirate!

Although personally, I much prefer Talk With A Pirate Day... Little Miss Field Day sure does!

[ oh, and in the interests of full disclosure... no, those aren't recent pictures, just what I have handy right now. Yes, you see a lot of pink in the Andrew McCutchen picture, this was taken at a Mothers Day home game, and the pink bats etc. were in recognition of the fight against Breast Cancer. The other two players are Daniel McCutchen (no relation & no longer on the squad) and Brad Lincoln (back with the team but in the minors). ]

XE1/N5AL
09-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Around here, most folks only understand Spanish. So, I'll fancy just putting an "o" at the end...Arrrrrrrrrr-o!

n2ize
09-18-2015, 08:36 PM
I used to be a pirate. In fact I still have my eye patch and bandanna.

suddenseer
09-18-2015, 10:51 PM
My piracy is currently limited to certain digital files.

NA4BH
09-18-2015, 11:00 PM
Around here, most folks only understand Spanish. So, I'll fancy just putting an "o" at the end...Arrrrrrrrrr-o!

LOL-O

WØTKX
09-18-2015, 11:57 PM

suddenseer
09-19-2015, 11:49 AM
I am only mentioning this because the statutes of limitations. I first started my early career of public intoxication when I was 17. After a few beers, and some herbal enhancement, my friends and I contracted a powerful case of the munchies. We all agreed on Long Jon Silvers seafood shoppes. Back then, they had a treasure chest filled with cheap plastic toys at the entrance. We donned our eye patches, and cardboard swords, and started sword fighting each other in line. I spotted 2 metallic looking swords on the wall used for decoration. Being totally uninhibited, I reached for one, and to my delight it came off the display! I started fighting my friends with the blunt ended metal sword. The manager had seen enough, he came from behind the counter and approached me while barking unintelligible gibberish. I took a defensive stance, and pointed the sword at him stopping him in his tracks. I yelled, "Avast there ye land lubber, before I runs ya through!"

Apparently, he was not prepared for this challenge to his LJS manager authority! He ran back behind the counter, and ran through the saloon style doors to the kitchen. I could see him reach for the telephone, and figured he was calling the Springfield Police Dept, and not ordering a pizza. We all dashed out the door, got in the car, and got the hell out of there! I carried the sword out with me, and threw it on the roof of the LJS. We drove around the block every 15 minutes to observe that the police did indeed show up. We decided to go park the car, and hang out somewhere else, still hungry.

The accounts of our shenanigans got around school. The event even got ink in our local newspaper the next day. It gave an account of boisterous boys playing pirate in line. One pirate apparently thought he was not make believe because he threatened the manager with a "theatrical sword" before going outside, and throwing it on the roof. The police sgt. told the reporter that if I were caught, he was not sure what the charges would be except, "petty swashbuckling".

True Story. My 15 minutes of fame as a pirate. I have been a closeted pirate ever since.

PS: After my visit, the swords were all securely bolted to the walls to avoid any future pirate wannabes.

kb2vxa
09-20-2015, 12:12 AM
That sounds familiar, was it before or after 1978? Like, who inspired who? Avast me hearties, ye can't pirate free antivirus software... R de R R R!

suddenseer
09-20-2015, 11:24 AM
That sounds familiar, was it before or after 1978? Like, who inspired who? Avast me hearties, ye can't pirate free antivirus software... R de R R R!1976.

VE7DCW
09-20-2015, 07:40 PM
"Ever been to sea Billy?...........Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :mrgreen: