PDA

View Full Version : GE PA went south. looking for parts anyone got any of these....

W2NAP
09-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Need a few 100Ohm 2 watt carbon composition resisters.
Brown Black brown gold.

need to replace the load balance resisters in the GE PA. Anyone got a few laying around?

PA5COR
09-09-2015, 02:31 AM
Scrounged the boxes, nope, sorry...

W2NAP
09-09-2015, 11:00 AM
ordered some carbon film, hopefully they will work, would have loved to used some original carbon comps. but only person that seems to have any wants $4 a piece for them and I ain't paying that.

K7SGJ
09-09-2015, 11:11 AM
ordered some carbon film, hopefully they will work, would have loved to used some original carbon comps. but only person that seems to have any wants $4 a piece for them and I ain't paying that.

Sorry, I just saw this. I think I can help you out, which way did you come in?

How many do you need.

K7SGJ
09-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Pisser. I just went out and looked and that's one of the few we are out of. Sorry. Actually, if you ordered the 2 watt flameproof, it is a much better device, although I understand you're wanting to try to keep the amp aesthetically the same. We have it in just about every other configuration, but in that application, as I'm sure you know, wirewound won't do.

Hope I didn't get your hopes up too high. So sorry please.

W2NAP
09-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Pisser. I just went out and looked and that's one of the few we are out of. Sorry. Actually, if you ordered the 2 watt flameproof, it is a much better device, although I understand you're wanting to try to keep the amp aesthetically the same. We have it in just about every other configuration, but in that application, as I'm sure you know, wirewound won't do.

Hope I didn't get your hopes up too high. So sorry please.

yep wirewound won't cut it for this project, like I said I went ahead and ordered some carb film's they *should* work. kind of a pisser that finding CC are well rare these days.

W2NAP
09-17-2015, 01:16 AM
yep wirewound won't cut it for this project, like I said I went ahead and ordered some carb film's they *should* work. kind of a pisser that finding CC are well rare these days.

it appears the carbon film are working. at least for now. sadly now I have to go this weekend and redo the cable from the rpt to the controller. blah

VE7DCW
09-21-2015, 06:07 PM
it appears the carbon film are working. at least for now. sadly now I have to go this weekend and redo the cable from the rpt to the controller. blah

The fun of being a repeater owner.........you know you are doing a good job of it by the number of QRMer's and jammers bothering your machine :mrgreen:

W2NAP
09-21-2015, 06:19 PM
The fun of being a repeater owner.........you know you are doing a good job of it by the number of QRMer's and jammers bothering your machine :mrgreen:

not much of a problem on 440, unlike the 2m stupid band.