08-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Will it hang an antenna?

WØTKX
08-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Yea, that's what I would like to try. :agree:

K7SGJ
08-19-2015, 11:29 PM
Same mindset and appeal, just like the CB craze of the late 70's into the 80's

That's true, it's just a little harder to add roger-beep.

n2ize
08-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Yeah, but you can have a lot more fun with a camera equipped drone. Furthermore they are extremely stable and much easier to fly than helicopters. Many can be equipped with GPS so they will automatically hold their position and altitude and if the signal between the quadcopter and the operator is broken the quad will automatically fly back to it's launching point and land. Anyone who can handle even so much as hover rc helicopter can fly a quadcopter with ease. They pretty much fly themselves. This past winter I was spending a lot of time flying a small quadcopter and I got spoiled. When I went back to flying a regular rc helicopter in the spring I forgot how much more difficult a regular helicopter is compared to the drone.

Unless the laws change I doubt that drones are just going to be a passing fad. There is so much you can do with them in as far as direct line of sight flying, POV flying, aerial videography, GPS, telemetry. Not to menntion there is a tremendous variety is sizes, capabilities etc from quadcopters that can be carried in your pocket to large sizes that can haul larger cameras, etc. They are even finding uses in areas such as remote exploration (i.,e. Antarctic quadcopter flights), search and rescue operations, etc.

For my own future endeavors I would like to buy a moderately priced medium size camera equipped quadcopter. But I also want to get a larger electric 750 size collective pitch helicopter or gas equivalent. These days it's getting harder and harder for the hobbyist to decide what to buy next. :)

WØTKX
08-27-2015, 08:32 PM
I've flown the tiny quad copters, they are pretty easy. WANT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGcH0Bk3hg

wa6mhz
08-28-2015, 11:00 AM
Most are just used to fly around and film girls getting undressed peeking in windows. Sort of a High Tech Peeping Tom!

KG4CGC
08-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Most are just used to fly around and film girls getting undressed peeking in windows. Sort of a High Tech Peeping Tom!

"Most" you say? How so? I want to learn more of the terrible crime that is occurring in our midst. This is a terrible terrible use of these drones.

NQ6U
08-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Most are just used to fly around and film girls getting undressed peeking in windows. Sort of a High Tech Peeping Tom!"Most" you say? How so? I want to learn more of the terrible crime that is occurring in our midst. This is a terrible terrible use of these drones.

Especially since I don't have one. Pictures, please.

WØTKX
08-28-2015, 07:17 PM
True Drone Facts from the Crest Courier?
:popcorn: