PDA

View Full Version : FCC Fines two hams for their antics on *that* freqency

NQ6U
07-22-2015, 06:26 PM
I know that this isn't really the right thread for this post but I'm putting it here to keep the non-member riff-raff from finding it via a Google search, then coming here and potentially causing us trouble.

The FCC has proposed fines of $1000 for David J. Tolassi (https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-15-831A1.pdf), W4BHV, and $22,000 for Michael Guernsey (https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-15-832A1.pdf), KZ8O, for failure to ID and deliberate jamming and failure to ID respectively.

Clicking on the alleged perps' names will download a PDF of the FCC action.

N8GAV
07-22-2015, 07:21 PM
Good luck on getting ether one of them to pay up. Last time I heard anything on Tolassi he beat up his wife one night and spent a day or two in jail, then I heard he had Prostate Cancer or something, who knows. And Mike I heard on 40 meters back in June calling CQ, he don't have that kind of money so that's going to be like K1MAN, taking him to court to pay up if his ticket don't revoked before then.

XE1/N5AL
07-23-2015, 01:09 AM
A good reason to stay away from *that* frequency ...lest one wants his operating practices to be placed directly under the same FCC rules & regulations microscope as the others.

I heard KZ8O on the air a few days ago, but he was speaking through a phone patch set up by another amateur. Mike was saying that his station had been wiped out by a lightning strike and that he would be off the air for a couple of weeks.

kb2vxa
07-23-2015, 04:21 PM
Tolassi beat his lassie but Charlie beat his assie, tisk tisk. Absolutely right, stay FAR away from *that frequency* and you won't be put under the electron microscope like a bacterium from Mars.

Yeah, lightning struck alright and it's sitting right outside his door waiting to strike again. "Mr. Guernsey further used various animal noises to" identify in lieu of a callsign and Uncle Charley took him back behind the barn... moo?