PDA

View Full Version : For This I Missed Breezeshooter's?

W3WN
06-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Little Miss Field Day's last day of school was Friday. Hard to believe, after all these years, that the day has finally come. (She does have 3 days of "graduation practice" coming up -- 2 hours each day, and it's only to make it an "official" school day to keep the state happy, but never mind that)

So this morning, her church had a "special graduation mass" for the High School seniors at 10:30. Of course I went, that should be a no-brainer (even for the Gym Teacher... oh wait, he's not on this site anymore, never mind)

LMFD was the cantor, and one of the 2 lead singers with the choir. I'll go almost anywhere to hear her sing. But never mind that.

At the end of the service, the priest reminded everyone of the special occasion. But first, they had 2 special recognitions. They honored, much to our surprise, LMFD with the "Pope Francis Award" in recognition of her years -- as an altar server, and as a teen instructor for Vacation Bible School, in addition to her years in the choirs.

Wow.

(The other honoree was a Boy Scout whose Eagle Scout project was to build the Stations Of The Cross in the flower garden, in honor of his late grandfather. Ah, OK. )

Then all of the graduating seniors were called up, and everyone got a little gift.

A plastic Jesus desk ornament.

Really.

Well, it was the thought that counts...

KG4NEL
06-07-2015, 03:54 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Buddy_christ.jpg

W3WN
06-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Not that bad.

Actually, I think LMFD would have gotten a kick if they HAD handed out Buddy Christ. She loved Dogma

K7SGJ
06-07-2015, 04:51 PM
I always liked the one on the dash of the plane in "Airplane". The one that cover his eyes on approach. Funny shit that movie.

N8GAV
06-07-2015, 05:57 PM
I missed it too Ron, ever since I went up to the VA Tuesday for them shots in my back, I haven't felt good. I did send some old rigs up with some club members who said they sold them. So got a little windfall.

WØTKX
06-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Wow, congrats. Sounds like a great graduation.

Dogma was amazing. Has she seen Cool Hand Luke?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/qrz0CCHzkQE/maxresdefault.jpg

KG4CGC
06-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Congratulations!
I'm surprised the Catholic church in your area chose a plastic Jesus though. Usually it's the Virgin Mary ... or have they forsaken her?