PDA

View Full Version : NYC Subway Vandals

n2ize
06-04-2015, 11:46 PM
A group of vandals who call themselves the "Conquestors" toss a piece of metal in the path of an oncoming train. It hits and shorts between the third rail causing an electical "explosion", arcing and causing the train to go into emergency mode and stop. One of the vandals have been arrested. Hopefully the rest will be arrested before they cause a serious accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGvvliPRqZ8

K7SGJ
06-05-2015, 07:28 AM
I can never understand the mentality of people like this. They do shit like this, for whatever reason, and obviously don't care that they may be endangering many lives in the process. Perhaps anyone caught doing this should be tossed across the same rails.

N2CHX
06-05-2015, 08:04 AM
I can never understand the mentality of people like this. They do shit like this, for whatever reason, and obviously don't care that they may be endangering many lives in the process. Perhaps anyone caught doing this should be tossed across the same rails.

It's quite frankly, American privilege, in my opinion. I think anyone caught doing shit like this should be sent to a place like Haiti for a year to help provide relief work. Let them see how the other half lives and maybe they'll come back and appreciate what we have here.

N8YX
06-05-2015, 08:32 AM
Bring back the lash, in public square.

Then go have a talk with the parents, assuming said parents can be identified and located.

WØTKX
06-05-2015, 08:48 AM
The stocks, and flinging soft rotten fruit.

Then, release the flies.

Put it on Youtube.

PA5COR
06-05-2015, 08:51 AM
We have our idiots here as well, throwing rocks on cars from overpasses even up to killing people hit by the rocks.
I agree with all the above measures against these Neanderthals...

w0aew
06-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Or the random shootings around here in Windsor and Loveland.

WØTKX
06-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Yea, the law has said the incidents are related.

N8YX
06-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Yea, the law has said the incidents are related.

Whoever is playing around out there has made enough mistakes at this point to get caught.

VE7DCW
06-05-2015, 01:44 PM

How about nasty, nasty SOB's who have been stringing high test fishing line across city and neighbourhood streets in the hopes of catching unwary people on bikes for some sadistic or terror purposes? ...........this has been going on in the city of Victoria for the last few months! :irked:

NQ6U
06-05-2015, 01:59 PM
How about nasty, nasty SOB's who have been stringing high test fishing line across city and neighbourhood streets in the hopes of catching unwary people on bikes for some sadistic or terror purposes? ...........this has been going on in the city of Victoria for the last few months! :irked:

Amazon.com Order Confirmation
Order #109-1174138

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Hello Gerry Saelens,

Thank you for shopping with us. We’ll send a confirmation once your items have shipped. Your order details are indicated below.

If you would like to view the status of your order or make any changes to it, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com

Your guaranteed delivery date is:
Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Your shipping speed:
Two-Day Shipping

Your order will be sent to:
**** Chesterfield Ave.
Duncan, BC V9L 3M2
Canada

================================================== =====================================

Order Details
Order #109-1174138
Placed on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Berkley Trilene Big Game Monofilament Custom Spool, 80 pound test

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Item Subtotal: $6.79
Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Total Before Tax: $6.79
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $6.79

================================================== =====================================

To learn more about ordering, go to Ordering from Amazon.com at:
www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=TE_tex_ofa?nodeId=468466

If you want more information or need more assistance, go to Help at:
www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=TE_tex_ss?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

Thank you for shopping with us.
Amazon.com
www.amazon.com

The payment for your invoice is processed by Amazon Payments, Inc. P.O. Box 81226 Seattle, Washington 98108-1226. If you need more information, please contact (866) 216-1075

Unless otherwise noted, items sold by Amazon.com LLC *are subject to sales tax in select states in accordance with the applicable laws of that state. If your order contains one or more items from a seller other than Amazon.com LLC , it may be subject to state and local sales tax, depending upon the seller's business policies and the location of their operations. Learn more about tax and seller information at:
http://www.amazon.com

Items in this order may be subject to California's Electronic Waste Recycling Act. If any items in this order are subject to that Act, the seller of that item has elected to pay any fees due on your behalf.

This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

N2CHX
06-05-2015, 02:10 PM

Holy shit that is effed up. That's serious injury and even death. A lot of people hate cyclists. I ride both a motorcycle and a bicycle and a lot of drivers hate both, but especially bikes. I suppose it's because they're jealous that they couldn't get their fat asses on a bike anymore if they tried.

N8YX
06-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Holy shit that is effed up. That's serious injury and even death. A lot of people hate cyclists. I ride both a motorcycle and a bicycle and a lot of drivers hate both, but especially bikes. I suppose it's because they're jealous that they couldn't get their fat asses on a bike anymore if they tried.

An acquaintance of a cousin of mine died when he rode his mini-bike into a steel cable that was stretched across the nearby Ohio Canal Towpath, back when it was actually a towpath. The cable was put up by the city to keep motor vehicle traffic off the path and everyone knew it was there...but the thing was darn hard to see at dusk, when the accident occurred.

Let someone(s) start stringing the area trails up with monofilament and things will get...sporty. A lot of the LE and park ranger community are avid cyclists themselves and would probably make it Job 1 to nail such a pack of assholes.

N2CHX
06-05-2015, 02:37 PM
An acquaintance of a cousin of mine died when he rode his mini-bike into a steel cable that was stretched across the nearby Ohio Canal Towpath, back when it was actually a towpath. The cable was put up by the city to keep motor vehicle traffic off the path and everyone knew it was there...but the thing was darn hard to see at dusk, when the accident occurred.

Let someone(s) start stringing the area trails up with monofilament and things will get...sporty. A lot of the LE and park ranger community are avid cyclists themselves and would probably make it Job 1 to nail such a pack of assholes.

That's very sad. An accident, but it sounds like the city didn't think that through very well.

Unfortunately, this sort of thing is too easy to do on purpose, and people are going to get hurt or killed before anyone gets caught.

People are just sick fucks.

VE7DCW
06-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Amazon.com Order Confirmation
Order #109-1174138

Hello Gerry Saelens,

Thank you for shopping with us. We’ll send a confirmation once your items have shipped. Your order details are indicated below.

If you would like to view the status of your order or make any changes to it, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com

Your guaranteed delivery date is:
Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Your shipping speed:
Two-Day Shipping

Your order will be sent to:
**** Chesterfield Ave.
Duncan, BC V9L 3M2
Canada

Order Details
Order #109-1174138
Placed on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Berkley Trilene Big Game Monofilament Custom Spool, 80 pound test

Item Subtotal: $6.79
Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Total Before Tax: $6.79
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $6.79

To learn more about ordering, go to Ordering from Amazon.com at:
www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=TE_tex_ofa?nodeId=468466 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=TE_tex_ofa?nodeId=468466)

If you want more information or need more assistance, go to Help at:
www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=TE_tex_ss?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=TE_tex_ss?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510)

Thank you for shopping with us.
Amazon.com
www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com)

The payment for your invoice is processed by Amazon Payments, Inc. P.O. Box 81226 Seattle, Washington 98108-1226. If you need more information, please contact (866) 216-1075

Unless otherwise noted, items sold by Amazon.com LLC *are subject to sales tax in select states in accordance with the applicable laws of that state. If your order contains one or more items from a seller other than Amazon.com LLC , it may be subject to state and local sales tax, depending upon the seller's business policies and the location of their operations. Learn more about tax and seller information at:
http://www.amazon.com

Items in this order may be subject to California's Electronic Waste Recycling Act. If any items in this order are subject to that Act, the seller of that item has elected to pay any fees due on your behalf.

This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Thank you Carl for trying to label me as a terrorist........it was a decent try,but I get better prices for fishing line at Canadian Tire ..... :mrgreen:

K7SGJ
06-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Thank you Carl for trying to label me as a terrorist........it was a decent try,but I get better prices for fishing line at Canadian Tire ..... :mrgreen:

I figured it was line for your weed whacker, then I remembered Canada doesn't allow weeds or crabgrass.

n2ize
06-06-2015, 08:46 AM
The idiots who did this have been proudly videoing and displaying their vandalism of the subway system on YouTube and FB (although they may have taken their FB pages down). So they are providing their own evidence. Not only have they thrown metal on the tracks so it shorts across the third rail but they apparently have stolen keys and a stolen brake handle that they use to enter trains that are parked in layups and open and close doors, charge and release brakes, mess with destination signs, etc. In one instance they threw a metal garbage can on the tracks which exploded when it hit the third rail almost seriously injuring a worker and causing extensive delays. Fortunately one of the main vandals (and the one allegedly responsible for the incident in the video) has been apprehended. My guess is the rest will be rounded up and arrested very soon if they haven't already. But, as there is no shortage of idiots there will be copycats.

N2CHX
06-06-2015, 11:17 AM
The idiots who did this have been proudly videoing and displaying their vandalism of the subway system on YouTube and FB (although they may have taken their FB pages down). So they are providing their own evidence. Not only have they thrown metal on the tracks so it shorts across the third rail but they apparently have stolen keys and a stolen brake handle that they use to enter trains that are parked in layups and open and close doors, charge and release brakes, mess with destination signs, etc. In one instance they threw a metal garbage can on the tracks which exploded when it hit the third rail almost seriously injuring a worker and causing extensive delays. Fortunately one of the main vandals (and the one allegedly responsible for the incident in the video) has been apprehended. My guess is the rest will be rounded up and arrested very soon if they haven't already. But, as there is no shortage of idiots there will be copycats.

I'm all for wrapping these asshats in tinfoil and throwing them across the third rail.

n2ize
06-06-2015, 10:43 PM
I'm all for wrapping these asshats in tinfoil and throwing them across the third rail.

Yes !!! I wholeheartedly agree. Let them see how much they like the third rail then, Back in the 1970's there was vandalism but it was mostly stuff like graffiti, which was also wrong. But these vandals are putting peoples lives in direct danger. So yeah, whatever it takes to stop the asshats I say ... go for it. Besides, I don't like people who vandalize and disrespect my subway !!!

KG4CGC
06-06-2015, 10:50 PM
Get that Peugeot running yet?

n2ize
06-07-2015, 03:03 AM
Get that Peugeot running yet?

No. My Dad buried it as deep as he could under layers of junk so I can't get to it. By now the gas is solid varnish. He deliberately buried it because he doesn't want me daredevil riding that... "kick ass Big Boss Peugoet 49cc moped from 1974"... :(