PDA

View Full Version : Yelling "Goodbye Officers" is against the law?

X-Rated
05-30-2015, 07:27 PM

"Driving" a bicycle? I thought those were "ridden".

You just can't give proper salutations to an officer or officers anymore. :quiet:

X-Rated
05-30-2015, 07:32 PM

Attached as jpg instead of png.

K7SGJ
05-30-2015, 10:51 PM
They were pissed they had to put the tank and personnel carrier away without using them.

KG4NEL
05-31-2015, 12:14 AM
They were pissed they had to put the tank and personnel carrier away without using them.

http://petapixel.com/assets/uploads/2013/06/duckytankman.jpg

KG4NEL
05-31-2015, 12:16 AM
At least in NC, you can get a DWI on a bicycle, so the wording makes sense.

What are you supposed to say, "buenos noches, assholes?"

WØTKX
05-31-2015, 10:49 AM
No, you're supposed to ask if they know where to get good drugs.

K7SGJ
05-31-2015, 01:53 PM

Or doughnuts

NQ6U
05-31-2015, 01:59 PM

Of course they do. Everyone knows that the cops always have the best stuff.

WØTKX
05-31-2015, 02:40 PM
Yup, it's in the evidence locker.

NQ6U
05-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Yup, it's in the evidence locker.

That's what they want to to believe, anyhow.

koØm
06-01-2015, 10:22 AM

"Driving" a bicycle? I thought those were "ridden".

You just can't give proper salutations to an officer or officers anymore. :quiet:

Whosoever it was that rode or had ridden the bicycle past the cops probably could have gotten away with it had they not "Outed" the undercover drug sting operation; that was not the smartest thing to do, it put the lives of the Undercover Cops in jeopardy while they were just trying to do their jobs.

They will throw the book at him for that.

16 arrested during reverse prostitution sting

UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, OH (FOX19) -Police say 14 men and two women were arrested in connection with a reverse prostitution sting in August.
Cincinnati Police targeted the Clifton/University Heights neighborhood after received numerous complaints of prostitution related crimes in the area. In addition to the 16 arrests for soliciting and/or loitering to solicit offenses, 11 vehicles were impounded and 13 civil citations were given for using a motor vehicle in a prostitution related offense.
The sting was part of the national sweep Operation: Buyer Beware, which is a strategy to highlight sex buyers as perpetrators and bring an end to prostitution and sex trafficking. 20 law enforcement agencies in 11 different states participated in the operation. More than 250 ‘Johns' were arrested and 128 vehicles were impounded during the 10-day event.

Undercover cops are pretty easy to recognize in our neighborhood; let them do what they do, they raise city's income by "arresting" and "taxing" those workers who are spending and receiving money but not paying their "fair share".

ETA: These poor souls that were arrested in the "prostitution sting" also tried to "Poke the bear"!

NQ6U
06-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Reverse prostitution—women paying to have sex with me? How do I sign up for that?

WØTKX
06-01-2015, 01:40 PM
They went after the "johns". There's your "reversal".

Another dumb issue... should be legal, regulated, and taxed.

koØm
06-01-2015, 04:42 PM
They went after the "johns". There's your "reversal".

Another dumb issue... should be legal, regulated, and taxed.

Actually, they recently floated the idea that, "What happens between two consenting adults should be legal (as long as they [the city] can tax and zone it)".

X-Rated
06-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Undercover cops are pretty easy to recognize in our neighborhood; let them do what they do, they raise city's income by "arresting" and "taxing" those workers who are spending and receiving money but not paying their "fair share".

Undercover cops are easy to spot so don't call attention to them because anyone can spot them? Okay. I think I understand.

koØm
06-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Undercover cops are easy to spot so don't call attention to them because anyone can spot them? Okay. I think I understand.

I am going to be candid, this is the picture that I see, cops in a position to make some kinda undercover deal/bust and *someone* born in 1978 who, should by this time in life, know "when" and "what" to say or do in varying situations, like not interfering in official police business.

What exactly was "1978's" expectations when he made that move; did he take into consideration that more officers were involved via investigation and planning than just those couple that he saw? if his goal was to be perceived as a troublemaker in the eyes of the police, then he has succeeded.

What if the police decided that the bicyclist was acting in consort and conspiracy with the the suspects and his "Hello Officers" were a look out warning? He could be charged with conspiring to do the dirty deed.

Let me put it this way, "...You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you pull the mask off the "Ol Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with THEM".

BTW: Just think of how much time, mental energy and money that's it's going to take before it is over.

X-Rated
06-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Personally, I have had the police hassle me. One time I was going into the office on a Sunday to take care of business my boss wanted done and the police peeled into the lot and drew guns on me. But I try to be kind to others and generate salutations with respect anyway. I doubt I will anymore when the line has been drawn.

Rockford is a city that is quickly dying. Population is dropping in Illinois more than most states and Rockford is losing people faster than any other Illinois city. County and city governments are losing money very quickly from this loss and the law enforcement finds creative ways to generate revenue. In New York City, they are arresting guys in subways who they feel have their legs spread too far apart. In Rockford, they arrest people who offer cash gifts to officers posing as beggars on the street. Then they call it some type of a prostitution sting. It gathers an overall support from the community because it affects only the poor. This is the real story behind the motives of the officers. Keeping the wealthy from having to pay their fair share and garnering support from those who have not yet been afflicted.

n2ize
06-07-2015, 04:02 AM
It's all a load of bull. You can get all the illegal black market stuff you want. Instead of sending the cops out for such petty bullsheet send them out after rapists, murderers, grand larceny, etc. Why waste time and resources on petty drug and prostitution ??

KG4CGC
06-07-2015, 04:11 AM
Any cops here on the board?

w0aew
06-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Any cops here on the board?

Shhhhhhh! You'll blow their cover.

NQ6U
06-07-2015, 07:15 AM
Ask that cop on the corner.
Ask that cop in the grocery store.
Ask that cop in the woodpile.
Ask that cop on the rooftop.
Ask that cop knocking on your back door.

“Mr. Policeman, what makes America great?”

KA9MOT
06-08-2015, 12:25 AM
This should be fairly easy to beat in a court of law. They have to prove you knew they were working undercover. Yes, you knew the were undercover...but how could you possibly know they were on a stake out? Unfortunately, this is Illinois, and we have kangaroo courts... no court of law to be found.

Me? I'd still fight it until the bitter end......

K7SGJ
06-08-2015, 08:21 AM
You have kangaroos in Illinois? Who Gnu.

I've never tried one, myself.

WØTKX
06-13-2015, 11:04 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Kangaroo_meat_supermarket.JPG

K7SGJ
06-13-2015, 12:01 PM
Is it hard to keep on the skewer?

koØm
06-13-2015, 03:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Kangaroo_meat_supermarket.JPG

I remember Bob (vk3zl-sk) mentioning that 'Roo had a gamey taste to it which wasn't too bad but, upon exiting the other end of the digestive track, forget about "striking a match" to kill the smell, you needed something like a Roman Candle to knock down the odor.

'Roo meat would probably occupy the same slot on the menu as Raccoon or O'Possom - In the Survival only/ last resort catagory; I don't believe that the locals eat it

ETA:

I did not realize that "Woolworths" was still in operation and now they sell groceries?

WØTKX
06-13-2015, 04:03 PM
I've tried it at a fancy restaurant, and liked it.
The farts were probably from the dark beer.

K7SGJ
06-13-2015, 08:58 PM
I had no idea that kangaroos drank dark beer. Who Gnu?

KG4NEL
06-14-2015, 06:12 PM
In Australia, everyone does.

wot m8

KG4CGC
06-14-2015, 07:38 PM
something something pun wallaby

KG4NEL
06-14-2015, 07:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lutR4Eo.jpg

kb2vxa
06-16-2015, 11:12 AM
UCs are easy to spot, I saw a hippie type walking down the street talking to his wrist like Dick Tracy. Unmarked cars are 15 years older than everybody else's, so plain they give pain, "marked" with 1/4 wave antennas and sometimes in addition sporting MG or SG plates. I kid you not! Stakeouts are easy too, one or two sitting in the same sort of car staring at something for hours and occasionally talking into a poorly concealed microphone. It gets better when you have a scanner and know which frequencies and/or talk groups on trunked systems they use. Feds must be the easiest and funniest, the FBI takes the cake and here's my best.

Listening to a stakeout and familiar with their code names I drove to the location and one was, get this, sitting all alone at the end of a large empty parking lot (my employer's) facing the subject building across the street, an auto parts store. His window was down it being summer, I looped around past him, waved and shouted "Hi Rhino!" The look was priceless! As I drove out of the lot I heard him say on the radio "There's nothing happening here, let's pack it in." His partner around the corner watching the side entrance agreed and off they went. There are 8 million stories in The Naked City and this has been one of them. I have plenty in my bag of tricks but I gave it to the younger generation. It's fun being the man watching the man watching the man if you know the ropes, if you don't you can find yourself at the end of one.

WØTKX
06-16-2015, 10:57 PM
It's usually very easy to spot a stakeout, because of the weird cars, eh?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sHyZ8P8sjRk/TnARgz_iSTI/AAAAAAAATI8/54g6_v_eBU0/s1600/0car.png

W3WN
06-17-2015, 01:23 PM
It's usually very easy to spot a stakeout, because of the weird cars, eh?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sHyZ8P8sjRk/TnARgz_iSTI/AAAAAAAATI8/54g6_v_eBU0/s1600/0car.pngI'll remember to keep an eye out for that one.