PDA

View Full Version : Mail Call

W3WN
05-26-2015, 08:57 PM
This is not a complaint... just one of those strange coincidences that left me bemused.

Got two letters from the ARRL today.

Opened the first one. It was the stock '3 months out' reminder notice that my annual membership was up for renewal.

Opened the second one. It was the stock 'thank you for renewing" letter.

Granted, the first one was sent bulk mail, and was probably sent in for processing prior to Dayton. And, clearly, it took a few days after Hamvention ended to get all the renewals processed.

But still... what a coincidence.

Gotta love it.

NA4BH
05-26-2015, 09:05 PM
I'm just glad you opened them up in the right sequence. Imagine the shock had it been the other way.

N7YA
05-27-2015, 01:26 AM
I havent been a member in years, yet they keep sending me the rare opportunity to join the movement and get a free map of my very own!

Every 2 months they torment me with this delicious offer. Just think, that beautiful map on my wall, next to my neatly framed membership certificate...and all my other maps...reminding me how proud i am and fortunate to have made the right decision.

But alas, i again fail to reply. :( Im sure the offer continues to go to the next deserving ham in line who is undoubtedly questioning my sanity and blessing his unbelievably good fortune which has befallen him. What glorious days and nights he must have, just sitting there in his shack, beaming (literally), with his proud wife on his arm who is also feeling as if she made the right choice, his happy children at his feet (probably in their 40's now since we hams are ancient geezers)...all staring up at the glorious prizes adorning his wall for hours and days on end.

While I...I, alone...sit with such a barren spot upon my own wall and in my conscience. Wondering. Regretting...yet, i do nothing to remedy my woes. I am a man without a cause. An operator without due representation against the infiltrators across our sacred electrical borders. Shame.....shame..........shame......

But i DID get a cool low power DXing book from them last time! I keep thinking i'll re-up so i can send all these damn QSL cards to the bureaus in bulk, but im just lazy i guess. :lol:

K7SGJ
05-27-2015, 07:43 AM
I havent been a member in years, yet they keep sending me the rare opportunity to join the movement and get a free map of my very own!

Every 2 months they torment me with this delicious offer. Just think, that beautiful map on my wall, next to my neatly framed membership certificate...and all my other maps...reminding me how proud i am and fortunate to have made the right decision.

But alas, i again fail to reply. :( Im sure the offer continues to go to the next deserving ham in line who is undoubtedly questioning my sanity and blessing his unbelievably good fortune which has befallen him. What glorious days and nights he must have, just sitting there in his shack, beaming (literally), with his proud wife on his arm who is also feeling as if she made the right choice, his happy children at his feet (probably in their 40's now since we hams are ancient geezers)...all staring up at the glorious prizes adorning his wall for hours and days on end.

While I...I, alone...sit with such a barren spot upon my own wall and in my conscience. Wondering. Regretting...yet, i do nothing to remedy my woes. I am a man without a cause. An operator without due representation against the infiltrators across our sacred electrical borders. Shame.....shame..........shame......

But i DID get a cool low power DXing book from them last time! I keep thinking i'll re-up so i can send all these damn QSL cards to the bureaus in bulk, but im just lazy i guess. :lol:

Did they mention that the map only covers downtown LV and metropolitan Searchlight?

N7YA
05-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Did they mention that the map only covers downtown LV and metropolitan Searchlight?

Ill do it only if they include Corn Creek and Elko!

NQ6U
05-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Ill do it only if they include Corn Creek and Elko!

Winnemucca, man, you must insist on Winnemucca.

VE7DCW
05-27-2015, 06:13 PM

Maybe the ARRL map can point tourists in the direction of t!he famous Lemon Grove mummies!........ you would think it would've been the least they could show instead of showing a little interest in Pat's Crest radio museum..... :mrgreen:

NQ6U
05-27-2015, 06:51 PM
The Lemon Grove Mummies no longer reside in Lemon Grove. Even dried-up old dead people don't like it here.

VE7DCW
05-27-2015, 07:16 PM
The Lemon Grove Mummies no longer reside in Lemon Grove. Even dried-up old dead people don't like it here.

Damn!.......well,scratch Lemon Grove off my bucket list of places to visit now! bad news! :wtf:

K7SGJ
05-27-2015, 07:41 PM

I never thought of you as dried up.

NA4BH
05-27-2015, 08:47 PM
I never thought of you as dried up.

He's still a little wet behind the ears.

KC2UGV
05-28-2015, 08:52 AM
I finally renewed. Did a two year stint this time. But, I got the Extra Q&A book this time, so maybe I'll get extra within the next two years.

KG4NEL
05-28-2015, 09:03 AM
It's easy. I did it, and I barely know which end of the antenna not to touch.

N7YA
05-28-2015, 03:25 PM

I think i need to be a Diamond lifer to request that.