PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to all my Vet bud's here on the Island

K4PIH
05-22-2015, 12:19 PM
No matter our branch or politics, we can all be greatfull we live where we do. Take time to thank a Vet this weekend.
:clap:

W1EAT
05-22-2015, 03:03 PM
It didn't seem so great at the time but in retrospect those were important years. It's the guys who didn't get a chance to post here that taught the lesson.

VE7DCW
05-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Oh...... I thought this was a thread about veterinarians not the military kind,so apologies,carry on.........:mrgreen:

N8YX
05-22-2015, 05:50 PM
All gave some. Some gave all. We thank each of you for your sacrifices.

Sent to me today by one of my riding buds who's attending the Rolling Thunder event:

NA4BH
05-22-2015, 09:07 PM
Thank all those that given the ultimate sacrifice and those that have offered the ultimate sacrifice. You have a special place in my heart.

And thank you, Dad, for being a part of this

http://byronernest.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/normandy-beach.jpg

I really miss you

WØTKX
05-25-2015, 05:27 PM
My grandpa, Col. Mitchell Bodner, ran away from home and lied about his age between the two World Wars. He's buried at Ft. Snelling, because he loved Minnesota. Even more than California. Grandpa loved Goldwater, and was thrilled to say hello when I put him "on the air" at an Elmer's MARS station when I was in High School. The agony of the phone patches from Vietnam disturbed him greatly, and caused confusion, because he was very conflicted about Vietnam. He love Barry Goldwater, and we both had multiple on the air QSO's with Barry when I was in HS.

At the age of 38, with an AMAZING amount of medals for his service as a sharpshooter and sniper in the 6th Army, he was discharged medically. With a HUGE retirement. But it broke his spirit forever. He loved the USA, but was angry and conflicted for the rest of his life.

PTSD sucks.

It broke his heart, and his spirit. He was an American Sniper, and did covert shit in India, Burma, and China. It messed with his mind.

He contracted asthma (according to the VA) and was medically discharged. This broke his heart, as he was finally at The Presidio in CA at the end of his career. They kicked him out, as a "liability".