PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

K7SGJ
05-06-2015, 02:53 PM
I know this was asked not too long ago, but I can't find the thread, and don't recall it being answered. Humor me.

The last couple of weeks, I have had trouble getting to this site and have been getting a display that says database error. I have tried different browsers and MS Win 8.1, Win 7, and Android. All the same deal. What is odd, as opposed to even, is that sometimes I can get to the site, but when I click on "New Posts" I then get the database error. At this time, if I select a different forum topic, I can get there and read the posts, but then when I click on "New Posts" I again get the database error popup.

Other times, I'll try to reply to a post, and the computer just grinds away for a minute or so and then......yep, database error. I never had this issue up until a month or so ago, and it has periods where it happens more often than others. Seems like it's worse in the morning and has been happening more frequently as of late. Also, I have never had this issue on any other site that I can recall.

I'm just curious if others have noticed this. I also vaguely remember seeing a post that web hosting changed a while back. Maybe this might be related to the problem.

Like I said, it seems to be happening several times a day now, and it is pretty regular any more. But then, I could be full of shit, too.

NQ6U
05-06-2015, 03:32 PM
It's just that the Intarwebs hates you.

No, not really; it's happening to me too. I couldn't log on at all this morning around 11:30 UCT.

WØTKX
05-06-2015, 04:07 PM
I have noticed that as well, if you click on "New Posts" cant get there. However, many times if that doesn't work, you can click on the "Forum" button and get into the forums individually.

W5BRM
05-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Same here. I've mentioned it a time or 2 as well. Maybe time to migrate servers if GPL can ever be found again?

K7SGJ
05-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Well I'm glad it's not just on this end. It is very troubling because I always have real important stuff to post. I hate for the rest of you peasants to miss out on my pearls of wisdom which are very special, and usually game changers for common folks.

NQ6U
05-06-2015, 07:43 PM
“Pearls?” Is that what they're calling it now?

K7SGJ
05-06-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure who this "they" is to which you refer. But pearls is what I call it. After all, this is a family site, and you'll never see me making controversial or off color posts. Ya bastid.

WØTKX
05-06-2015, 08:07 PM
I doubt 'GpL (Jeff) would have any more control over this than the current sysadmin(s).

That "New Posts" database thang has been harassing others as well.
Some of the cures look time consuming.

As long as I got a work-around, I'm good.

K7SGJ
05-06-2015, 08:37 PM
I doubt 'GpL (Jeff) would have any more control over this than the current sysadmin(s).

That "New Posts" database thang has been harassing others as well.
Some of the cures look time consuming.

As long as I got a work-around, I'm good.

I agree. I just wanted to know if I needed to look at this end. But since others are experiencing this, too, I will not waste my time trying to find the problem. Instead, I think I'll just back to working on my nuclear reactor.

WØTKX
05-06-2015, 09:03 PM
I believe in the iPhone X-Ray app.

K7SGJ
05-06-2015, 10:14 PM
I believe in the iPhone X-Ray app.

Most people see right through it.

NA4BH
05-06-2015, 10:20 PM
That's a negative thought.

K7SGJ
05-06-2015, 10:22 PM