PDA

View Full Version : It's Showtime!

W3WN
03-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Little Miss Field Day's last High School Musical, Return to the Forbidden Planet, starts tomorrow night.

We got a sneak peak during the early part of the Dress Rehearsal this evening... the Boss and I are helping to run the Parent's Committee & are responsible for the Concessions, so we were dropping off the cases of water to sell (one of the other parents works at the school, after lunch, she'll get some cases of water in the lunchroom cooler so that they'll be ready for us)

This is what LMFD will look like. If you think of the 1950's "B" Sci-Fi movies, then you know the look.

There are two points to note...

One, Doctor Who fans should recognize what she is holding in her right hand. The choice of the replica of the Tenth Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver was a deliberate choice of hers, borrowed from a classmate.

Two, if you look carefully at her costume, Star Trek fans should recognize a certain pin. If you're wondering why she's wearing it, well, her role as "Bosun" is to be the "ships" First Officer... need I say more?

Best part of this is (for us at least) is that she is onstage for most of the play, has a major role, and has at least three solo singing parts. She is having a blast... and three months of hard work is about to pay off!

WØTKX
03-26-2015, 10:42 AM
When I saw the pics, I thought... "She needs Vulcan ears".

wa6mhz
03-26-2015, 10:42 AM
LMFD is headed right for BROADWAY!! She should get her First TONY Award in just a few years!

W3WN
03-26-2015, 10:40 PM
Yes, she does. Do you know you can order them for about $12 off eBay?

The Director vetoed the idea. (Yes, she really did ask!)

But at one point, the entire onstage cast gives the Vulcan salute... as they say (I kid you not) "Live Long & Prospero"

W3WN
03-26-2015, 10:41 PM
LMFD is headed right for BROADWAY!! She should get her First TONY Award in just a few years!I surely hope so!

W3WN
03-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Will this do?

KC2UGV
03-30-2015, 06:21 AM
Looks like Little Miss Field Day isn't going to be Little Miss for too long... Almost feels like we watched her grow up here :)

W3WN
03-30-2015, 07:25 AM
Looks like Little Miss Field Day isn't going to be Little Miss for too long... Almost feels like we watched her grow up here :)Well, at 5 foot nothing, she will always be a Little Miss... :chin:

KK4AMI
03-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Please tell me she is NOT wearing a pair of your "Sansabelts" as part of her costume! :lol:

W3WN
03-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Please tell me she is NOT wearing a pair of your "Sansabelts" as part of her costume! :lol:That's an easy one.

No, she's not... and I don't own any, anyway.

I have no idea where the school got those. And now that the show is over, let's hope that they burn the lot of them.

K7SGJ
03-30-2015, 09:16 AM
That's an easy one.

No, she's not... and I don't own any, anyway.

I have no idea where the school got those. And now that the show is over, let's hope that they burn the lot of them.

Make sure the kids take them off first.

W3WN
03-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Make sure the kids take them off first.Not to worry. After Saturday night's (final) performance, those kids couldn't WAIT to get into their jeans or whatever.

W3WN
03-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Besides, it could have been worse...

At least LMFD wasn't cast as Ariel the Robot!