PDA

View Full Version : Want to build your own taser? Here's how, sort of

K7SGJ
03-21-2015, 12:27 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cf4_1414026047

VE7DCW
03-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Possession of any Taser like device can buy you up 2 years in the slammer under the Criminal Code of Canada...... but it's nice try technology wise...... :mrgreen:

n2ize
03-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Possession of any Taser like device can buy you up 2 years in the slammer under the Criminal Code of Canada...... but it's nice try technology wise...... :mrgreen:

You can make a nice small pocket size one that runs off a couple of lithium batteries. You can even wind the inductor yourself, pack it into a pocket sized case. I would call what the guy in the video made not a Taser but more of a combo spark gap transmitter, fire starter, and self electrocution device.

koØm
03-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Internet Doofus; that's some funny shiz.

You can buy Tasers all day long at the flea market and carry it all you want - use it and, "Lussy chu got some 'x-plaining to do"!

kb2vxa
03-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Like I'm gonna carry an ignition coil and a b-gas battery around with me? Hitting an attacker over the head with the coil sounds like a better idea. I like that guy, he comes up with a lot of silly shit but I like Mythbusters better, if all else fails BLOW IT UP!

K0RGR
03-24-2015, 04:17 PM
He has a good explanation of how to create a damped wave.

K4PIH
03-25-2015, 12:42 AM
I'm laughing so frigging hard I'm crying! How many times did he get the shit kicked out of him? I know it's staged but I really lost when he went to measure the spark with a metal caliper. He should have a show. Reminds me of Mythbusters when Adam got zapped by that Ark of the Covenant mock up.