PDA

View Full Version : My New Spy Drone...

n2ize
03-04-2015, 03:13 PM
A couple week ago I ordered one of these...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41715hhXcmL._SX425_.jpg

It's so tiny that the entire thing is smaller than the palm of your hand and can easily be concealed in your hand and carried around in a lapel pocket with room to spare. It's actual measuments are 40 mm x 40 mm x 20 mm making it the tiniest functional rc quadcopter on the market. Both the quadcopter and the controller can easily be carried in a pocket. It operates on 2.4 Ghz, 4 channel, with a built in 6 axis gyro and accelerometer. Performance wise it is amazing. It flies beautifully and is extremely stable. Upon taking off it will basically stand still in mid-air yet at the same time is highly maneuverable and can do fast flight in any direction. I demonstrated it to a few people at a restaurant last night where I basically took off from the palm of my hand, hovered over the dinner table, flew a few circles and passes around & over the table, took it up to near the ceiling and then gently landed it on my table napkin right beside my dinner plate. It has a max range of about 80 - 90 feet. It's internal LiPo battery charges off a standard USB port and fully charges in about 10 minutes. Flight time is only about 4-5 minutes per charge but that isn;t bad considering it's size, small battery, and its incredible performance. It has 2 red and 2 blue LED's which help with visibility and orientation. I tried flying it outside and it was very stable, very maneuverable, and pretty fast for it's tiny size. It was even fairly stable in a light breeze and I was easily able to keep it under full control. The blades, motors and batters are replaceable should they wear out although the overall price of the drone was only 18 bucks. For anyone interested in trying one it's called the "Cheerson CX-10" and is available on Amazon, Ebay, as well as a host of other vendors. As a person who has flown large RC helicopters for many years I was surprisingly impressed with this little quad. It is also much easier to fly than a single rotor helicopter.It basically flies itself and since it is so small & light rarely suffers any damages in crashes.

kb2vxa
03-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Now you don't have to worry about losing your wings, but how well does it fly at absolute zero?

w0aew
03-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Stay out of Paris! They might ground the hell outta ya!

N7YA
03-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Are you going to paint it black and fly it in Texas?

NQ6U
03-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Does it have an APU? Can you carry tacos to the Saudis with it?

NA4BH
03-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Don't fly it in absolute zero temps. Just sayin'.

n2ize
03-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Does it have an APU? Can you carry tacos to the Saudis with it?

No, no APU but it does come in a variety of colors, including pink. :)

n2ize
03-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Don't fly it in absolute zero temps. Just sayin'.

It might become superconductive and just fly forever... :lol:

KG4CGC
03-04-2015, 10:59 PM
It might become superconductive and just fly forever... :lol:

Yeah !

K4PIH
03-04-2015, 11:29 PM
I like the thinly disguised swastika/sonnenrad logo on the top. I'm just weird like dat.
A couple week ago I ordered one of these...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41715hhXcmL._SX425_.jpg

It's so tiny that the entire thing is smaller than the palm of your hand and can easily be concealed in your hand and carried around in a lapel pocket with room to spare. It's actual measuments are 40 mm x 40 mm x 20 mm making it the tiniest functional rc quadcopter on the market. Both the quadcopter and the controller can easily be carried in a pocket. It operates on 2.4 Ghz, 4 channel, with a built in 6 axis gyro and accelerometer. Performance wise it is amazing. It flies beautifully and is extremely stable. Upon taking off it will basically stand still in mid-air yet at the same time is highly maneuverable and can do fast flight in any direction. I demonstrated it to a few people at a restaurant last night where I basically took off from the palm of my hand, hovered over the dinner table, flew a few circles and passes around & over the table, took it up to near the ceiling and then gently landed it on my table napkin right beside my dinner plate. It has a max range of about 80 - 90 feet. It's internal LiPo battery charges off a standard USB port and fully charges in about 10 minutes. Flight time is only about 4-5 minutes per charge but that isn;t bad considering it's size, small battery, and its incredible performance. It has 2 red and 2 blue LED's which help with visibility and orientation. I tried flying it outside and it was very stable, very maneuverable, and pretty fast for it's tiny size. It was even fairly stable in a light breeze and I was easily able to keep it under full control. The blades, motors and batters are replaceable should they wear out although the overall price of the drone was only 18 bucks. For anyone interested in trying one it's called the "Cheerson CX-10" and is available on Amazon, Ebay, as well as a host of other vendors. As a person who has flown large RC helicopters for many years I was surprisingly impressed with this little quad. It is also much easier to fly than a single rotor helicopter.It basically flies itself and since it is so small & light rarely suffers any damages in crashes.

kb2vxa
03-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Now if you get a pink one with an APU that delivers tacos and flies forever you'll never go hungry. Then we'll knight you Sir Fartsalot and you won't have to go to Toxic Hell to fuel up and make a run for the bathroom. On the other hand you can make money with a truck.........