PDA

View Full Version : Set Your DVR To Record This

koØm
02-27-2015, 09:39 PM
MSNBC's "Lockup" series explores jail and prison facilities throughout the United States, profiling inmates, incidents and prison operations.
According to the show's website (http://www.msnbc.com/lockup/watch/lockup-cincinnati-snitch-innati-401546819876), the show will feature Cincinnati's Hamilton County jail and inmate Deandre Bell who will discuss the contraband business inside the Cincinnati jail.

http://youtu.be/x46SGcD2-kE

The show has Hamilton County Commissioner Greg Hartmann frustrated.
"Reality TV in our jail is one not accurate, but it also doesn't put Cincinnati in the kind of light I think we want to put it in.. so I think the Sheriff made a mistake allowing these camera crews to film over an extended period of time," Hartmann said.
Hartmann says the county looked at the idea a year ago and said no.

ETA:
Channel and time: MSNBC, Saturday 2-28-2015 22:00 EST, 03:00 Zulu

W5BRM
02-27-2015, 10:19 PM
sorry no dvr here

KG4CGC
02-27-2015, 10:42 PM
it also doesn't put Cincinnati in the kind of light I think we want to put it in..

It's a prison. What kind of "light" exactly do they think they can pull off?

kb2vxa
02-28-2015, 09:41 AM
You may be surprised what goes on inside prisons, maybe not. Just the same I see no point watching yet ANOTHER jail/prison show all nicely sanitized for the camera.

koØm
02-28-2015, 01:46 PM
You may be surprised what goes on inside prisons, maybe not. Just the same I see no point watching yet ANOTHER jail/prison show all nicely sanitized for the camera.

Quite the opposite, 10+ years back, I and a troop of Boy Scouts were lead on a tour of the Hamilton County Justice Center Jail complex; it was a poignant memory. While being led on the tour through different sections of the complex, I recognized and spoke with three fellow classmates who were guest of the County Sheriff at the Hamilton County "Just-Us" Center. The reality of seeing someone you knew locked in a cell while you were on the other side was not lost on the kids.

The MSNBC crew spent a couple of month filming there and, I'm wondering what the editing will reveal and what will be overlooked. The show has six different segments that will be shown over the upcoming weeks.

Those members of "Proper Society" in the Cincinnati citizenry are concerned that the worst-of-the-worst will be emphasized for shock and commercial value which will color the city in a bad light. Certainly, the (new) Sheriff wants to spotlight the tattooed freaks and Heroin addicts and paint himself and his staff as the main defense line between the criminal tide and civil citizens.

A few years ago, the county budget went belly-up and over half of the county workers were laid off and one jail facility was closed because in was no longer profitable to detain people for minor misdemeanors. Quietly, it now sustains itself with help from Ohio Dept. of Rehab. and Corrections and, the Federal Government for housing their prisoners for pay; these are the people who will be spotlighted on the show and who really do not truly represent the Cincinnati brand of pond scum.

In all probability, the "How and Who" that managed to get pounds of loose tobacco, rolling papers and other contraband will not be addressed. There have been at least two drug overdose deaths in the HCJC in the past year. The anecdotal tales that I could tell you about the Correction Officers (C-Hoe's) at the HCJC might amaze you.

To everyone else it's just another Prison/Jail show but, when it's in your city, it becomes personal.

kb2vxa
02-28-2015, 08:19 PM
We started the Scared Straight program quite a few years ago, when other states adopted it TV caught on. The snarky little brats got slapped down quick by tattooed inmate gorillas going Marine DI on them, some obviously scared shitless while more intelligent ones knew it was a sham and stood there smirking. It works on some, not on others as expected. When it was called Rahway State Prison, now East Jersey, the Lifer's Club put on quite a show, naturally I watched it because The Home Of The Dome is my home town. That's not a New Jersey Transit bus in the lower left corner, that's DOC Transportation, interesting listening on the NJSP 800MHz trunked radio system.