PDA

View Full Version : I Got A New Toy

koØm
01-24-2015, 12:13 PM

I get to see "What's Under The Hood" of the typical application.

n0iu
01-24-2015, 01:07 PM
OK, I registered... even though I have no idea what your forum is about. I hope to make many useful contributions to it one day.

Good Luck!

ad4mg
01-24-2015, 02:28 PM
It isn't all that difficult to set up a forum. When IOMH was first created, we ran the phpBB software for some time. We moved the site to a private server after a year or so, which enabled us to highly customize the forums.

Mike (AL2N) created the Island of Misfit Hams on a dare from someone on the staff of QRZ. Mike had been complaining about deleted posts, edited signatures and the like over there, so this moderator suggested that if he didn't like the way they did things, he should start his own forum. He did, and the rest is history!

When Jeff acquired the site from Mike, he switched us to vBulletin software, which we still run today.

Good luck with your forum, Mel!

koØm
01-24-2015, 04:47 PM
OK, I registered... even though I have no idea what your forum is about. I hope to make many useful contributions to it one day.

Good Luck!

I am helping a friend who is re-establishing the web presence for a professional group (Registered Nurses). The forum comes along as a freebie when you sign up for hosting; I get to play with all the "back-office" stuff like MySQL while I am waiting for her to generate content.

http://www.bloomerslife.today/Winter-2015.htm

When the owner finds out about the forum, she's going to want me to change the colors of it to match the tones on her website.

Hey Fred, do you remember, "Smarter-than-me"? ;)