PDA

View Full Version : Nothing PISSES me off more than:

NA4BH
01-16-2015, 11:24 PM
Having someone invite you to download a game to your phone and after that they take 4 damn hours between moves. I thought you wanted to play. Jeebus Twice..............

Here is your place to post what really pisses you off

NQ6U
01-17-2015, 07:45 AM
Flavored coffees. It's both a way of unloading bad quality beans on the ill-informed consumer and an abomination in the eyes of the LORD.

K7SGJ
01-17-2015, 09:02 AM
DJs that talk over the last part, or beginning of a song. BASTIDS

w0aew
01-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Blister packs.

N8YX
01-17-2015, 10:56 AM
People who camp in the leftmost lane of the freeway with their cruise controls locked a solid 2MPH above the posted speed limit.

N8XE
01-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Standing in line at a coffee shop behind 2 or 3 30-somethings in yoga pants all ordering lowfat, sugar free, soy milk, cappuccinos (with sprinkles) that takes 5 minutes each to make.

I JUST WANT A DAMN BLACK COFFEE!!

Wow, I feel better now... :)

Jason N8XE

W5BRM
01-17-2015, 11:12 AM
People

/thread

lol

suddenseer
01-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Working in an office with a clever thief.

KK4AMI
01-17-2015, 11:26 AM
The concept of Check out and bag it yourself grocery lines. Who's stupid idea was it to put me to work for the store without paying me?

KJ3N
01-17-2015, 11:27 AM
Standing in line at a coffee shop behind 2 or 3 30-somethings in yoga pants all ordering lowfat, sugar free, soy milk, cappuccinos (with sprinkles) that takes 5 minutes each to make.

Jason N8XE

Starbuck's addicted, hipster losers. :rofl:

W3WN
01-17-2015, 11:45 AM

Jason N8XE
The notion that what Starbucks serves is actually coffee.

N8XE
01-17-2015, 11:48 AM
The notion that what Starbucks serves is actually coffee.

For the record, I don't go to Starbucks but shop at local coffee shops.

Jason N8XE

kb2vxa
01-17-2015, 03:04 PM
People who aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. Incidentally, I make my own coffee.

N7YA
01-17-2015, 05:01 PM
Flavored coffees. It's both a way of unloading bad quality beans on the ill-informed consumer and an abomination in the eyes of the LORD.

Nothing to add. I just figured this needed to be seen twice.

N7YA
01-17-2015, 05:04 PM
I dont like waiting a month to get paid. Some of us have fooking bills to pay!

W3WN
01-17-2015, 08:50 PM
For the record, I don't go to Starbucks but shop at local coffee shops.

Jason N8XEI hear you.

We spent the morning and most of the afternoon at Point Park University. Little Miss Field Day was auditioning for the Musical Theatre program (they're picking 50 kids for the fall semester... out of approximately 1000 who audition). The school provided "coffee" -- and they have a special deal with guess who?

I'm not sure what that sludge was, but I know what it was NOT.

kb2vxa
01-18-2015, 05:16 PM
The all seeing eye of the Illuminati cries into your cup of sludge.

N7YA
01-18-2015, 05:34 PM
...its an upcharge for the tears...buts its all corn syrup these days anyway.

VE7DCW
01-18-2015, 06:01 PM
Nothing PISSES me off more than:

Having to wait an entire week for ignition parts for my truck to be shipped here from a Canadian Tire store in Calgary because they are the only spot in the country who have them.

Even the Auto wreckers don't have what I need..........

The bitch of having to drive an old truck like mine! :irked:

W7XF
01-18-2015, 09:53 PM

Having to wait an entire week for ignition parts for my truck to be shipped here from a Canadian Tire store in Calgary because they are the only spot in the country who have them.

Even the Auto wreckers don't have what I need..........

The bitch of having to drive an old truck like mine! :irked:

Wouldn't Phoenix be closer???? Or Seattle????

W7XF
01-18-2015, 09:56 PM
I hear you.

We spent the morning and most of the afternoon at Point Park University. Little Miss Field Day was auditioning for the Musical Theatre program (they're picking 50 kids for the fall semester... out of approximately 1000 who audition). The school provided "coffee" -- and they have a special deal with guess who?

I'm not sure what that sludge was, but I know what it was NOT.

It's what comes out of the crankcase of a 1979 Peterbilt 379, with 3 million miles on the clock and 4 million miles on the contents of said crankcase.

n2ize
01-19-2015, 06:05 AM

Jason N8XE

I enjoy cappucino's now and then, provided they are made properly. But in general I like coffee black or with a very small amount of milk. No sugar ever. The only way to really enjoy the taste of the coffee is to drink it black or near black with no sugar and as little additives as possible.

HUGH
01-19-2015, 06:29 AM

Jason N8XE

Sadly coffee has become an art form rather than a refeshment and stimulant. I try and avoid those fancy places and choose small, local businesses.

NQ6U
01-19-2015, 07:58 AM
An 8x10 color glossy photograph of Bob in his Speedo.

KG4CGC
01-19-2015, 09:14 AM
An 8x10 colored glossy photograph of Bob in his Speedo.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/AL2N%20High%20Point%20NC%20feb%2015%202009/STATIC_zps773bde77.gif

koØm
01-19-2015, 12:45 PM
DJs that talk over the last part, or beginning of a song. BASTIDS

I would like to second that motion; back when I had Element 9 (Broadcast Endorsement) attached to my Phone license and did the over night shift at a local radio station, my mentor pounded it into my brain that, the audience tuned in to hear the music, not me talking smack through the beginning of the song up to the point that the vocalist started to sing. He said I needed to focus more on advertising continuity (getting the carts in at the right time).

Today, there are still "Disk Jockeys" who still think it is cool to give you a history lesson about the song during the instrumental run up to the vocals.

What really pisses me off is how television "now-a-days" compresses the timing of the older shows and, how they squeeze the end titles and / or speed them up in order to garner an extra minute or two to use as Ad time to be sold to the highest bidder.

Last but not least are the damnable banners, scrolling marquees and logos that are plastered on the screen during local news, weather and, sports segments; they distract and annoy more than they deliver information.

W3WN
01-19-2015, 01:41 PM
< snip >
What really pisses me off is how television "now-a-days" compresses the timing of the older shows and, how they squeeze the end titles and / or speed them up in order to garner an extra minute or two to use as Ad time to be sold to the highest bidder.
< snip >Not just the end titles... I've noticed more than once a movie being shown on a "free"/"basic cable" channel being run just a TOUCH faster, almost not quite enough to be noticed. to squeeze in that extra minute or two.

Happens often with musicals.

For example, Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Compare the playback of the various "Oompa Loompa" songs on cable vs. a DVD or VHS tape. Sometimes, the voices of the midget actors has risen over an octave... almost enough to make you wonder if they'd suddenly joined the Vienna Boys Choir of ancient times, if you know what I mean. (You pick up on things like this when you watch "classic" movies with your grandkids, and they wonder why the singing is so much different off air when compared to what they usually hear.)

n0iu
01-19-2015, 03:43 PM

Yeah, but at least you can get your coffee from Tim Hortons! Now there's a good cup of coffee!

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/scottaschultz/timhortons_zpsef5018fc.jpg
(The XYL on our last trip to Quebec)

Oh, and by the way, you guys can keep the poutine!

But I digress...

Nothing pisses me off more than people who write checks at the grocery store, Wally World or wherever! I mean for Christ sake... they know they are going to be writing a check but they wait until everything is bagged and in their cart and the cashier gives them their total AND THEN they go rooting around in their purse for their checkbook!

GRRRRRRRRRRR...............

n6hcm
01-20-2015, 02:14 AM
Nothing pisses me off more than people who write checks at the grocery store, Wally World or wherever!

yes--this. also, people who wait fifteen minutes for the bus but don't have their fare ready when they're boarding the damn bus.

KG4NEL
01-20-2015, 08:27 AM
The concept of Check out and bag it yourself grocery lines. Who's stupid idea was it to put me to work for the store without paying me?

I love those. Considering the alternative is the one register with people that move as slow as tar, I'll do it myself.

Starbuck's addicted, hipster losers. :rofl:

Real men don't drink chai.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who write checks at the grocery store, Wally World or wherever! I mean for Christ sake... they know they are going to be writing a check but they wait until everything is bagged and in their cart and the cashier gives them their total AND THEN they go rooting around in their purse for their checkbook!

GRRRRRRRRRRR...............

I've heard rumors of this, but I've never seen it in person. I think I'd explode.

KG4NEL
01-20-2015, 08:27 AM
As fancy as I get is a four-shot Americano.

KB3LAZ
01-20-2015, 02:02 PM
What pisses me off? Well, over the past three years I have learned to be more patient. That said, I do still get annoyed (often). So, what annoys me most: going to the book store and not being able to find anything to read. The best selection of books here are always in Russian. What is up with that? I sure do miss going to the book flea market back home. Thousands of books at a good price.

I guess if that is what annoys me most then I am pretty well off at the moment.

KK4AMI
01-20-2015, 02:51 PM
What pisses me off? Well, over the past three years I have learned to be more patient. That said, I do still get annoyed (often). So, what annoys me most: going to the book store and not being able to find anything to read. The best selection of books here are always in Russian. What is up with that? I sure do miss going to the book flea market back home. Thousands of books at a good price.

I guess if that is what annoys me most then I am pretty well off at the moment.

Get an Amazon Prime Account or Kindle. I'm reading just about anything I want to on my Samsung Galaxy Tab. Plus you don't want to take all those books home.

KB3LAZ
01-20-2015, 02:56 PM
Get an Amazon Prime Account or Kindle. I'm reading just about anything I want to on my Samsung Galaxy Tab. Plus you don't want to take all those books home.

My wife has a Kindle but I don't like it. I can't really explain it other than saying that I like the feel and smell of paper. I do collect specific books and or keep books that I find have reread value but for most books I donate them once I have finished.

NA4BH
01-22-2015, 07:11 PM
My wife has a Kindle but I don't like it. I can't really explain it other than saying that I like the feel and smell of paper.

So what your saying is that "Kindle is to books as a bidet is to wiping your ass". Am I right?

KB3LAZ
01-22-2015, 09:20 PM
So what your saying is that "Kindle is to books as a bidet is to wiping your ass". Am I right?

Hah. That is one paper you don't want to smell.

N7YA
01-23-2015, 12:05 AM

Irony.....THIS is found on Kindle.

K7SGJ
01-23-2015, 08:23 AM
Irony.....THIS is found on Kindle.

The author must not know about the WIK.

wa6mhz
01-23-2015, 09:26 AM
This new Yaesu FT1DR handy talkie!
U need to be a computer genius to program the thing manually, and the Yaesu ADMS software for programming it doesn't work! Then it forgets what it learned! I had it working great on the club repeater, but today it doesnt anymore. It forgets some of its memory! The Baofengs atleast have working software, and CHIRP. Chirp doesn't support this HT yet. I just paid $300 for this PIECE OF SHIT!! a $30 Baofeng works much better!

koØm
01-23-2015, 09:59 AM
I have a new one, children and relatives who post on FB of some tragedy, accident, illness or something of serious but, when you call them immediately and, they don't answer the phone; the whole time, you see that they are still on FB posting superfluous bullshit.

VE7DCW
01-23-2015, 01:00 PM

Eddie......you must be careful...... at first glance to your above quote, it almost appears that you are giving "the WIK" legendary status! :shock:

.....of course that can not be allowed to happen...... :ashamed:

koØm
01-23-2015, 02:00 PM
I have a new one, children and relatives who post on FB of some tragedy, accident, illness or something of serious but, when you call them immediately and, they don't answer the phone; the whole time, you see that they are still on FB posting superfluous bullshit.

Update: Yesterday, the @breakingnews on my Twitter account reported a couple of serious auto accidents within a 10 minute time span, one was an overturned car on the expressway and the other was a head-on collision with entrapment, I saw the fire engines rolling towards the overturned on the interstate. About 15 minutes later, there were a couple of traffic alerts issued on the AM Drive-Time Talk station.

Unless you are dead, have stopped traffic on the interstate or, have driven into a historic building, auto accidents don't make the TV news around here. I didn't hear anymore about the head on collision accident on the news.

The head on accident involved my first cousin's daughter, she a little younger than me; I speak with my first cousin on a regular basis. It was my second cousin's daughter posting messages like. "Please pray for my mom, she been in a terrible car wreck" while not bothering to contact her Grandmother (my first cousin), or Aunts or other family members by phone.

I didn't have any information to give to the Grandmother in Miami, Fl because of the new privacy rules in hospitals. After a number of calls, we talked to the accident victim herself after she has been released from the hospital this morning. She doesn't remember anything after being hit and the car started spinning; she woke up naked on an X-Ray table in the ER.

The use and ill-use of Social Media.

KG4NEL
01-23-2015, 03:27 PM
This new Yaesu FT1DR handy talkie!
U need to be a computer genius to program the thing manually, and the Yaesu ADMS software for programming it doesn't work! Then it forgets what it learned! I had it working great on the club repeater, but today it doesnt anymore. It forgets some of its memory! The Baofengs atleast have working software, and CHIRP. Chirp doesn't support this HT yet. I just paid $300 for this PIECE OF SHIT!! a $30 Baofeng works much better!

I've been thinking about getting a new HT, and I'm thoroughly unimpressed. Even the FT-60Rs are apparently made in China.

What happened to a commercial-grade brick?

On the contrary, the WIK pooped in the top 5 of the nation in a last minute entry.