PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for giving your cat a pill in 15 easy steps.

PA5COR
12-21-2014, 06:23 AM
Instructions for giving your cat a pill in 15 easy steps:

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat’s mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth to swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind lounge. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.

4. Get new pill. Cradle cat in left arm with paws held tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, holding front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat’s head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat’s throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with its head just visible from below spouse’s armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force cat’s mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check the label to make sure pill not harmful to humans. Drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply band-aid to spouse’s forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor’s shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw t-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed car while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie cat’s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty garden gloves from shed. Force cat’s mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by a large piece of fillet steak. Hold cat’s head vertically and pour ½ pint of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room; sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Stop by furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Admit utter defeat. Arrange for vet to make a house call.

Disclaimer:
The text on this page is obviously intended in a jocular manner. AFNT Inc does not support, encourage or advocate any acts of animal cruelty.

HUGH
12-21-2014, 09:07 AM
:mrgreen:

KK4AMI
12-21-2014, 09:47 AM
:lol: that is why I like dogs. Wrap the pill in food and the dumb dog falls for it every time!

n2ize
12-21-2014, 11:54 AM
My Dad was expert at giving our cat pills that it needed for it's diabetes bad heart. Every time he did it it worked perfectly. After flipping the pill in the cats mouth he would hold the cats mouth closed for a while and pet the cat gently to keep him calm. The cat will swallow the pill. If you release the cat as soon as you flip the pill in its mouth the cat will most definitely spit it out. The way my Dad did it worked every time.

n2ize
12-21-2014, 11:56 AM
:lol: that is why I like dogs. Wrap the pill in food and the dumb dog falls for it every time!

That's because dogs wolf down their food like a high powered vacuum. Put a huge bowl of food down in front of the typical pooch and it's down the hatch in a few seconds, pill and all. :lol: If you try and sneak the pill in the cats food the cat will eat everything else but the pill.

suddenseer
12-21-2014, 02:03 PM
I watched someone try to give a cat a bath. It was a mixture of slapstick humor, and horror seeing the bath giver's arms sliced to shreds.

KC2UGV
12-21-2014, 02:30 PM

Not all dogs... My dog has become very good at finding the pill even in a peanut butter sandwich (Pretty much our only delivery method we had)...

w2amr
12-21-2014, 04:10 PM
I have to give Toots a quarter of a pill twice a day . I just dissolve it with a few drops of water, mix it with a little gravy juice , and she laps it up.

suddenseer
12-21-2014, 06:08 PM
I have to give Toots a quarter of a pill twice a day . I just dissolve it with a few drops of water, mix it with a little gravy juice , and she laps it up.Is Toots related to Toonces? Can she drive a car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hwerqogzQ

w2amr
12-22-2014, 04:49 AM
Is Toots related to Toonces? Can she drive a car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hwerqogzQI took her keys away, she was trying to run over dogs.

wa6mhz
12-22-2014, 12:18 PM
My pusses don't need any pills

W7XF
12-23-2014, 02:00 AM
I loved medicating cats when I was younger....of course, it was 420 :cool2:

kb2vxa
12-23-2014, 10:55 AM
"My pusses don't need any pills"
You walked face first into something there but I'll reserve comment. (;->)

As for medicating cats I kept the 420 for myself and gave them copious quantities of fresh catnip. It was so funny watching them foam at the mouth and falling all over themselves not knowing which way was up. Hamsters wrecked on ether were just as funny and so were turtles after spinning around on my turntable. My cats loved to be spun too but too big for the turntable the smooth linoleum kitchen floor was the substitute. They looked like the stoned hamsters for a while and when they recovered kept coming back for more over and over, they wanted me to keep it up all day. They were just too cool and thankfully didn't need any pills but if I had to give them any I would have used their favorite delivery system, crushed and mixed with spaghetti sauce.