PDA

View Full Version : Credit cards for rewards?

KG4NEL
12-19-2014, 01:38 PM
I'll be paying off my undergrad loans next spring sometime, which are also my largest source of credit at the moment. I won't miss the interest, but I will miss what that'll do to my debt age calculations.

I've always just paid for everything out of my checking account, but I've started to give thought about those ubiquitous cash-back cards that are floating everywhere. I don't do a ton of flying, so airline miles are useless to me, but getting something back for groceries and gas might be nice every year. Chase offers something for Amazon rewards, although I've heard the interest is a huge scam.

Thoughts? My credit is in the 750s, so I shouldn't have too much of an approval headache...

NA4BH
12-19-2014, 03:16 PM
If you pay your bill every month you'd be crazy not to get a reward type card. No interest plus get stuff in return. I have the Delta AMEX and use it that way (if I'm gonna pay cash for it, might as well get something out of it). Pick your reward and go for it.

n6hcm
12-19-2014, 04:51 PM
If you pay your bill every month you'd be crazy not to get a reward type card. No interest plus get stuff in return.

that's exactly how to do it. anything else and the "reward" is erased.

K7SGJ
12-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Yup. We do the same thing with Discover.