PDA

View Full Version : Snowcopalypse Victim...

W7XF
11-21-2014, 01:49 AM
Jets/Bills game postponed till Monday..and moved to Detroit.

wa6mhz
11-21-2014, 09:25 AM
They said they asked fans to come and get paid $10 an hour to shovel snow out of the stadium plus free tickets, but no one showed up!!

W3WN
11-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Hey, it could have been worse.

The NFL originally wanted to move the game to Heinz Field for either late Sunday or Monday night.

Problem is, WPIAL High School Football playoff finals started today and run through tomorrow. After which, the Stadium Authority is going to repair/replace the sod. So it couldn't be done.

*whew* we dodged a bullet there!

KC2UGV
11-22-2014, 01:24 PM
They said they asked fans to come and get paid $10 an hour to shovel snow out of the stadium plus free tickets, but no one showed up!!

Nobody showed up, because, in the words of Cuomo:
"While the Bills are free to not delay their game, and ask for volunteers to remove snow anyone approaching the stadium will be fined $1500 and sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating the standing driving ban. In my opinion, a game on Sunday is not feasible."

KG4NEL
11-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Problem is, WPIAL High School Football playoff finals started today and run through tomorrow. After which, the Stadium Authority is going to repair/replace the sod. So it couldn't be done.

*whew* we dodged a bullet there!

Didn't they try that a few years ago - followed by torrential rains on the new sod - and the condition of the field was historically awful?

I remember watching a punt, and the ball planted itself nose-first into the ground. Players were falling down on every play, the final score was 0-3 or something.

W3WN
11-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Didn't they try that a few years ago - followed by torrential rains on the new sod - and the condition of the field was historically awful?

I remember watching a punt, and the ball planted itself nose-first into the ground. Players were falling down on every play, the final score was 0-3 or something.Yup.

That's why they want to give the new sod a week. It also doesn't help that the soil under the sod is at least half sand. (Don't ask me why... I've only been inside Heinz Field once, and that was the day that Little Miss Field Day tried out for American Idol. I prefer the venue on the other side of the parking lot that is the grave of 3 Rivers Stadium)

The U of Pitt team lost on Saturday afternoon. As soon as the stadium was cleared, they started re-sodding.