PDA

View Full Version : Help a 7 year old kid with cancer

N2CHX
11-09-2014, 07:12 PM
My good friend Margaret's cousin's boy has cancer. She posted this on FB and I asked her if she minded if I posted this to my ham radio friends. I think it would be cool if he received QSL cards from all over the country/world. If you can spare a moment to send a QSL card, it would be much appreciated.

"Dear friends - my cousin's 7 year old boy Drew Zeppa is currently receiving cancer treatment and unable to attend school while going through the worst of it. He loves receiving mail, and on top of that the family though he could use a geography lesson. The goal is to have people from all 50 states send him a post card. I know I have friends spanning most of the country - if any of you can spare a few minutes to find a local post card and send it these are the states we don't have family in. The address is Drew Zeppa C/O Children's Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, Washington 98105"

N8YX
11-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Times like this make me wish I had some paper ones printed up.

NQ6U
11-09-2014, 07:48 PM

Yeah, same here. And my color inkjet printer has been packed away since the last $40 cartridge went dry and I switched to a laser printer.

VE7DCW
11-09-2014, 09:15 PM
My Canon copier/printer/fax machine uses the same type of cartridges that cost mucha mola to replace.....even the refillable kinds that don't quite work because of the refill interlock chip built in to them......mine has become a big paper weight or the the perfect dust attracter/accumulator bar none! :mrgreen:

PA5COR
11-10-2014, 09:24 AM
I'll pop one over from here ;)
Add: just posted one.
More add: send it off in the mailbox.

N2CHX
11-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Here's a news article about Andrew I thought you guys might want to read. Thank you to everyone who has sent or is going to send him cards.

http://www.sequimgazette.com/news/282471061.html?mobile=true

N2CHX
11-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Added...

"An update on little Drew. It looks like the hospital may be ready to let him stay with his family at the Ronald McDonald house soon. He was featured in the local paper as well! If anyone new is planning on sending a post card, the address is: "
Andrew Zeppa
Ronald McDonald House
5130 40th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105 (USA)

Margaret says that any cards sent to the hospital address will be forwarded, so no issue there.

X-Rated
11-13-2014, 09:48 AM

Get one from the ATM.